W212 wouldn't shift up from 2nd gear and limp mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Distronic

Car
W204 C class
Hi, does anyone know what happened to my 2015 E class earlier?

Was climbing very steep road and noticed the car was pulling at a slow speed and felt it was struggling a bit. I looked at the dash to see which gear it was currently in (the car is an automatic) and it was in D2. I Pressed the accelerator all the way to the floor and the car just limped on almost completely losing momentum at this point. Took foot off accelerator and pressed all the way again- nothing. Accelerated again and it finally went to D3, hesitated for a moment then drove on as normal with plenty of power. All in all this occurrence lasted about 30 seconds probably. The car drove fine whole rest of day and was driving fine before this happened this morning.Has been climbing hills fine recently. Am a bit worried as need the car daily at the moment so really inconvenient time to have it off the road.

Anyone know what it might be? Could it just have been that it was confused as it has slight turbo lag and perhaps in the time it lagged it lost time to change up gear whilst the hill got really steep?

Thanks in advance!

Get it plugged into Star and have the codes read

This is good advice. Something has happened (it's not just turbo lag) and there is a very good chance that there will be a stored code that will tell you which component (probably a sensor) is starting to fail. If you get it diagnosed (properly on Star) early on then you have time to order the part and fit it before the car fails and is off the road.

Has the OP made it home?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom