W213 2018 Amg line towbar1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charlieandsam

Car
MERCEDES-BE E-CLASS 2.0 E 220 D AMG LIN
Hi everyone, I'm new here.
I'm looking for a towbar, preferably detachable, for my 2018 W213 MERCEDES-BE E-CLASS 2.0 E 220 D AMG LINE.
I am confused as to what bar I should get. I've looked on eBay but almost all w213 to bars are not suitable for AMG. does this mean they are not suitable for AMG Line also? Thanks

No.

Your car is not an AMG model, it just has styling branded as such. You can have a towbar.

You shouldn't have any problem finding a towbar for your car - as the earlier reply said, it's actual AMG models that cannot tow, as opposed to AMG styled models, which can. Have a look at this site - You are being redirected... - and you should see a few available for your model. I have a Witter detachable towbar on my E class estate. I would have preferred a Westfalia as I have had a few of them on different cars in the past, but there wasn't one available at the time and I couldn't afford to wait as I was due to go away with the caravan. I find the Witter mechanism a bit more fiddly but it does work fine. Perhaps just that I have been more used to the Westfalia.

Wrong I am afraid............. I cannot tow with my AMG line CLK :rolleyes: The technical reason, is not enough travel in the rear suspension and no type approval for towing. Some you can and some you can't chassis plate is the place to look.

Fair comment, but I was referring to the car the OP had mentioned in his post, not the CLK, although your advice to check the chassis plate is a good point.

Thanks for all the info guys. Much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom