W213 avantgarde to exclusive front grille

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
Good evening all.

It's Been a while. Hope all are well on here 👍🏽

I am looking for guidance.

(Question 1)
The w213 as we all know, no longer comes with the "heritage grille" 🤣in the UK and I am gutted.

I genuinely am looking to get a retro splice and fit of the original exclusive grille onto the Avangarde bumper, such that the contour curve of the side profile of the exclusive grille is cut out of the avantgarde front end, thus only retaining the left and right top mounts of the bumper and everything inbetween is cut away.

The exclusive grille will then mount using the 3 top mounts that come for the exclusive grille, and then to retro weld on some connectors to the inside of the hollow section where the old grille was, so the exclusive grille can have some custom connections along the side and base of the grille to the bumper, trying to retain some level of rigidity etc.

The question i have is if such a cut was done to the bumper to allow a void where the old grille was, is the profile size of the exclusive grille the same as the profile cross section of the old grille..

I know they are different in size Etc etc, so this is more of a blending exercise between the two elements to look as seemless as possible.

Please advise if anyone has any knowledge of this type of solution.

(Question 2)

The grille at the moment has a distronic star.

Is there some distronic cover available that does not have a star or any branding, so as once an upright bonnet star is fitted, I don't have two stars at the front.

Guidance, experience and advice very much appreciated.

75F75191-052C-4011-8B1A-3413690DEDED.jpeg07A8D2F7-8FA5-4244-B938-A468AF954D54.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom