W213 black car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glyndawn

Car
mercedes c180
I have a black E class ive used compound polish wax ceramic wax it looks ace once done
But within a few hours i get a later of dust on it
Is there anyway to stop this

I have a black E class ive used compound polish wax ceramic wax it looks ace once done
Is it polish residue or dust from the surrounding environment?

Unfortunately shiny black paint will show dust and dirt more easily than any other colour.

Buy a car in a different colour.

In summer layer of dust after a couple of hours.

In winter you get road salt and water marks.

However for that initial hour or two the black looks amazing. 🤣

Buy silver and will look good no matter. However then you will be depressed at how little a wax improves it and how boring it looks.

Can't win

What I've done on mine that don't have PPF is ceramic coating and use a 0 PPM water filter to just spray it down ... comes out pretty amazing unless the dirt has properly settled. 0ppm water filter to avoid water spots btw. so you don't even have to dry the car - most of the time anyway ...

Join the club of other dark coloured car owners :rolleyes:;)

Sorry, it’s Pollen time.

Infuriating but light silver in the only answer, beyond just regular washing.

But we are in a seasonally bad time: worse at the moment than most of the year.

Sorry, it’s Pollen time.

Infuriating but light silver in the only answer, beyond just regular washing.

But we are in a seasonally bad time: worse at the moment than most of the year.
We have an additional seasonal problem with Seagulls that nest between our chimneys and cover your car with generous helpings of poo. :rolleyes:Poo2.jpg

Attachments

• Poo1.jpg
    Poo1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 0
I did have a look around a posh car park this afternoon. Cars that are usually pretty well loved and clean.

All were covered in pollen with a bit of sahara dust thrown in for extra fun.

Things will get better in a month or so.

Well it would shift the bird shit, yes, but the the damage to the panels would be pretty bad IMHO.
"Needs must."

One knows of people around SW London who use a variety of tricks to take out pigeons if wires and those inverted nails don't work.

As for these noisy blighters, they're beyond "management" here in beautiful SW London. All suggestions welcome

276226528_10159692261631508_2130244359728086796_n.jpeg

It rained Saharan sand here last night.
All 4 cars washed this (long) evening

The final rinse with the resin DI water is still impressing me....

Black car=car cover????

I was at the seaside yesterday eating lunch with another couple when the seagulls started to get very close circulating, so i anounced watch out for the seagulls and one sh*t on my hand :eek: i now know they talk english :mad:

Shrinkwrap it ;)

Its a choice between a great looking car (and a degree of satisfaction ) for a bit ,in truth rarely more than a day for my black CLS or a less stunning silver that looks OK for a lot longer.
My previous car was Tanzanite blue which looked good for probably twice as long as black...so two or three days.

Its a choice between a great looking car (and a degree of satisfaction ) for a bit ,in truth rarely more than a day for my black CLS or a less stunning silver that looks OK for a lot longer.
My previous car was Tanzanite blue which looked good for probably twice as long as black...so two or three days.

I must admit I was admiring my mate's S212 on Friday. It was the grey metallic they commonly came in and I though it looked fabulous. In fact, that was my go-to colour when I was looking for one.

Best of all, it was covered in half the Sahara and it still looked great.

Tanzanite is a great colour but I've never washed a car so often in my life.

When I was looking for a car recently I was actually trying to avoid black. Initially we were looking for an A200 and once I'd filtered out black ones there was much less choice. I almost relented when a very dark purple A200 came up with all the spec we were after, but it was a long drive to go to view it, so I dithered.

The next day I saw the C200 we ended up buying, which is a very light metallic blue...barely looks any shinier where I've machine polished it compared to the panels I hadn't though (just felt smoother). On the plus side it didn't need 2 stage polishing and the few marks it had have wet sanded/polished out and even I struggle to see where the worst ones were that I couldn't quite remove.

I always had lighter silver/grey colours on my company cars as they didn't get washed very often and didn't look too bad until someone lent on the dirt or wrote 'clean me' in it. :rolleyes:

I can't feel smug though because my RS2000 is old style single stage (no clear) black, very soft paint and marks just being looked at. It lives in the garage, though currently covered in 20+ years of dust and mess from the welding I've done more recently. It's going to be a tough job to get it looking really clean again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom