W213 Brake problem at low speeds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TonyKas

Car
E-Class
Hello everyone!

Recently my E220D started acting up a little bit - when rolling at a slow speed (about 15 mph) and just slightly applying the brake to gradually get to a full stop, the brake pedal stiffens up at the very end so that it becomes almost impossible to fully engage the brake. The pedal slightly vibrates as if it was engaging ABS. However, this problem doesn't show itself if I brake more rapidly. Has anyone ever encountered something like this?

P.S. It also sometimes happens when I'm reversing out of my drive with my foot ever so slightly on the brake - the pedal stiffens up and it takes a great effort to force the pedal, so that the merc actually stops and doesn't bump into other cars parked on the road.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, I have the same issue, what was causing the problem? Did you manage to fix it ?

Hello. I’m having a problem with exactly the same issues. assuming it was resolved, could you tell me what the problem was? Thank you.

My w213 e220d has just started doing exactly the same. It only happens at low speed but sometimes it’s difficult to bring the car to a stop. Pads and discs are fine and car brakes fine at anything over about 15mpg. It’s intermittant too so I can’t get it to fail on demand.

My car is on a 19 plate and has covered about 73k with fsh. It’s booked into the dealer on monday to have a look at the noisy suspension but I’ll have to tell them to look at this too

Just to update on my issue - dealer has confirmed vacuum pump needs replacing. Luckily, i bought the extended MB warranty which is covering the repair. The dealer is hoping to have the car back to me before the end of the week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom