W213 Can’t connect phone media

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuJitsoup

Car
E 250CDi Estate Sport (W212)
First time back here after a few years with VW and Volvo lease cars, having just bought a 2017 W213 AMG Line estate. Love the new car but don’t love not being able to connect my phone via Bluetooth to play music. It connects fine for phone calls but can’t play media (Spotify etc). When pairing it doesn’t give me the option to connect phone for media as well as phone calls, as I’d seen on some YT vids. The car does have the facility to connect phone media doesn’t it?

I should add I’m using an Android phone. Never had any similar issues with any other car.

Last edited:
Not sure if it makes any difference on a W213 but which head unit do you have?

My 2014 W222 handles media fine from a smartphone via bluetooth, I'm sure wife's 2017 W213 with Comand did.

Not sure if it makes any difference on a W213 but which head unit do you have?
Tbh I don’t know, only collected the car today and still working things out. How do I identify which type it is? Here’s a photo of it.

A418A63C-89C9-4CDC-8A6F-5B79AFA8DA32.png

Last edited:
Welcome.

On COMAND and Audio20, Bluetooth voice calls and Bluetooth media streaming are two separate functions.

Once the phone is paired over Bluetooth for voice, it will show in the Media menu in the Bluetooth device list, and you can choose it as the current media device (in the same way that you would choose USB media device).

Separating the Bluetooth voice functionality from the Bluetooth media functionality is actually quite handy, in my car I have my phone paired for voice, while my daughter's phone is used simultaneously as Bluetooth media device for streaming music.

Thanks guys, worked like a charm. I just wasn't looking 🤦‍♂️ Now to get the hairline scratches out of the gloss black interior trim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom