W213 cannot search music on iPhone via bluetooth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Argg

Car
E220d Coupe
66 plate W213 E220 estate with the all singing and dancing COMAND and “widescreen” interface
iPhone 7 connects as phone no problem
Can connect as media device (via BT) for music and play fine however the search function is not available (greyed out) meaning selecting albums/playlists etc has to be done on the phone itself which is clearly unacceptable. Also no album art.

It is not the phone as when the car was recently in for some work, I had a GLA loan car with the older(?) media system (like an iPad stuck on the dashboard) and the Bluetooth audio worked fine with full search facility available

Any ideas? Would like to be able to go to the dealer and say exactly what I believe is wrong.

Thanks

Does anyone else have this issue or does Bluetooth music from iPhone work fine on yours?

Hi Argg,
I have a 2012 C220 and I can scroll through my music on my I phone with both the buttons on the 12 button steering wheel (when the Audio is selected) or using the wheel on the console, I did have to go and check though cus I wasnt sure.

Hi Argg,
I have a 2012 C220 and I can scroll through my music on my I phone with both the buttons on the 12 button steering wheel (when the Audio is selected) or using the wheel on the console, I did have to go and check though cus I wasnt sure.
My point exactly - seems to be a problem on the COMAND ONLINE 12inch screen in the new EClass. My iPhone worked fine on the other system on current GLA and B220 I had on loan

Was hoping someone on here works for MB or knows about BT protocols.

Guess I will just have to go and try to explain it to my dealer (wish me luck!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom