W213 Centre Console - LED Removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FlyBoyRez

Car
E320 CDi
Hello Hive Mind,
I've got a bit of damaged trim on the centre console, lower edge of the cupholder flap. As you can see sharp as F@&k and catches me regularly! :mad:

I've bought a replacement trip piece and having watched a few videos have even gone so far as to remove the centre console to try and replace it. All of this is fairly straightforward except I've been brought to a sharp stop by the two leads to the perimeter lighting for the console.... the leads look pretty thin and I cannot for the life of me see an easy way to get the bulbs out of the centre console. I can't even work out if they are a bayonet fit or just a push/friction fit. I REALLY don't want to break these leads but I need to get them out so I can remove the console to a workbench and get it stripped down to remove all the other bits necessary to get to this poxy bit of trim.

Any advice on the trim light holders? Thanks in advance!

IMG_3423.jpgIMG_3421.jpg

When I replaced my piano black for ash wood centre console, I remember that any connections which weren’t plugged into a connector were just push fitted, but my recollection could be incorrect, just try and pull out slowly, I don’t recall any problems I faced,

I also have a similar chip on the chrome surround, similar to yours, must get round to changing it, where did you purchase yours.

Also if you go on the American w213 website there is a thread with pictures and video detailing how to remove the console, including all the connections, that may be of help.

This might help:

Mercedes E Class 213, 238 COMAND Touchpad Replacement
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The LED light connectors are just a push fit over the perspex light tubes. The light tube for the cup holder/ash tray area just clips out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom