W213 drivers seat in need of love

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E220Downer

SUPPORTER
Car
E220D Estate
Hi all
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to match a leather wax or colour match the dark seats in my car by Vin or reg?
The bolster on the drivers seat is worn and needs some love.
The dark self-seal I brought is still too light.
If not, can anyone recommend some leather care ?
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
Hadn't you get the interior colour code from the data card? Data card obtained from vin

Hadn't you get the interior colour code from the data card? Data card obtained from vin
Just looked it up and it's BLACK/ANTHRACITE (201A).
To be honest, I didn't even know about the data card and haven't got any manuals so that was a great help. Thanks

Can anyone recommend a good seat colour repair product for this colour 201A ?
Thanks

I’ve used Colourlock and highly recommend them. They suggest sending a swatch for them to match to or send a headrest etc, as even with my colour code (which comes up as Alpaca Grey) they said there are about 5 versions! I was fortunate in that I’m close enough to take the car there so they matched in 20 mins while I waited. The repair product is brilliant, seats look like new.

I used the colourlock kit. They can match the colour via your vin number, but their standard black is a very good match, used the standard Mercedes black kit and the colour was spot on

I’ve used Colourlock and highly recommend them. They suggest sending a swatch for them to match to or send a headrest etc, as even with my colour code (which comes up as Alpaca Grey) they said there are about 5 versions! I was fortunate in that I’m close enough to take the car there so they matched in 20 mins while I waited. The repair product is brilliant, seats look like new.
Thanks. Kit on its way

I used the colourlock kit. They can match the colour via your vin number, but their standard black is a very good match, used the standard Mercedes black kit and the colour was spot on
Thanks for the reply.. MB Black ordered, based on Vin card interior colour.

little tip buddy.

Don't apply the paint when the leather is warm or in any sunlight as it dries too fast.
The best way I found to use the product was to add the product to the sponge, wipe over the panel, then dab the sponge to level the product out to avoid streaking, then use a heat gun or hair dryer to help dry the paint.

make sure you clean the seat really well to remove any existing sealers or cleaners that you have used previous, then wipe them down again with a clean damp microfibre cloth to remove any cleaning residue other wise the paint wont bond properly.

there are plenty of application vids on the colourlock youtube chanel that I would really recommend watching first. as the application on the vid differs from the supplies instructions.

little tip buddy.

Don't apply the paint when the leather is warm or in any sunlight as it dries too fast.
The best way I found to use the product was to add the product to the sponge, wipe over the panel, then dab the sponge to level the product out to avoid streaking, then use a heat gun or hair dryer to help dry the paint.

make sure you clean the seat really well to remove any existing sealers or cleaners that you have used previous, then wipe them down again with a clean damp microfibre cloth to remove any cleaning residue other wise the paint wont bond properly.

there are plenty of application vids on the colourlock youtube chanel that I would really recommend watching first. as the application on the vid differs from the supplies instructions.
Thanks buddy. The MB black kit turned up but it looks too dark for my seats, despite using the colour code. Maybe it’ll dry lighter. I’ll try a test patch this weekend. Thanks for the tips though 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom