W213 E Coupe 2017 help Android auto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2017ecoupe

Car
E coupe 220d w213
I have a new demo e coupe with std 8 inch screen and love the car.... Nice shape... However I thought I would be able to get Android auto or apple app on the car but dealer confirmed to me today it's only if I went for the 12inch full command option.... Which I didn't. Is there anyway to get it working perhaps sCreen mirroring? I know it can be done cos I was overseas last week and the taxi driver had a e class 4 door w213 & had Waze functioning from his phone onto the 8inch screen...

Hi, VIN WDD2383142F003712
Any advice appreciated.
Barnet, north London

Same issue with Android auto

Hello,

I just bought a Mercedes E220d SE and have the same issue. What did you figure?

I also do not have the upgraded Comand and really wanted Android Auto to work...

Also same issue

I have just picked up my brand new e220 estate amg line and I thought it came with android auto enabled but the option is not on the menus. I have not yet set up Mercedes ME, do I need to do this first?

Any help would be much appreciated.

David

Just looked on the brochure and the android auto function is only available when the command online pack has been taken. Surely there is a way of enabling android auto and carplay as you can retro fit it to far older cars!

Just looked on the brochure and the android auto function is only available when the command online pack has been taken. Surely there is a way of enabling android auto and carplay as you can retro fit it to far older cars!

Which cars can it be retrofitted to? I've tried it but turned it all off.

I have just picked up my brand new e220 estate amg line and I thought it came with android auto enabled but the option is not on the menus. I have not yet set up Mercedes ME, do I need to do this first?

Any help would be much appreciated.

David

Hey David, nothing to do with the "Me" features. CarPlay only on the COMAND system which is the larger screen that also comes with the touchpad over the menu control wheel.

Which cars can it be retrofitted to? I've tried it but turned it all off.

We can do it for NTG5*1 cars with COMAND. (NTG5*1 is the NTG5 comand with the keypad, as oppose to the NTG5*2 which is all controlled from rotary wheel / touchpad)

R

We can do it for NTG5*1 cars with COMAND. (NTG5*1 is the NTG5 comand with the keypad, as oppose to the NTG5*2 which is all controlled from rotary wheel / touchpad)

R

So it isn't standard with NTG5 star1 COMAND.

Hi, my new c220d amg line arrived today and I was pleased to see it has the larger screen but I didn’t get the command nav. I can’t find any way to connect android auto. I presume I can’t even do screen mirroring either? Pretty poor when my wife’s Suzuki vitara runs Android auto as standard. I was hoping it was included when they changed from the 8 in screen to 12 in as standard but it doesn’t look like it. Strang as what car and top gear both show android auto and apple crap play as standard features. Really confusing.

Hi, my new c220d amg line arrived today and I was pleased to see it has the larger screen but I didn’t get the command nav. I can’t find any way to connect android auto. I presume I can’t even do screen mirroring either? Pretty poor when my wife’s Suzuki vitara runs Android auto as standard. I was hoping it was included when they changed from the 8 in screen to 12 in as standard but it doesn’t look like it. Strang as what car and top gear both show android auto and apple crap play as standard features. Really confusing.
So you do not have the COMAND system?

What infotainment system do you have then - Audio20?

So you do not have the COMAND system?

What infotainment system do you have then - Audio20?
Hi, yes it must be the audio 20, single wheel selector and pretty basic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom