W213 E200 petrol acceleration time..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk208

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS
..more rapid than you'd think.

I was returning from a day trip this weekend in the CLS fairly heavily loaded and with a bike on the roof bars. Going along a derestricted country lane at 60mph and a W213 pulled out of a small side road right into my path. I was braced for some hard braking but in the end only needed to scrub a few mph off my speed.

The car was a 68 plate E200 and got up to speed very rapidly indeed, with no petrol-y smell at all. The driver went on to drive like an absolute plank, tailgating other cars, did a stupid overtake and then was weaving in and out of the lanes at some traffic lights further up. Driven more like a stereotypical BMW driver.

Anyway, having read up on this on my return it seems the quoted 0-60 on these is about 8secs which is pretty good for a large car/small engine combo. This one certainly did it in the manufacturer stated time. Just thought I'd share in case anyone was considering one!

..more rapid than you'd think.

I was returning from a day trip this weekend in the CLS fairly heavily loaded and with a bike on the roof bars. Going along a derestricted country lane at 60mph and a W213 pulled out of a small side road right into my path. I was braced for some hard braking but in the end only needed to scrub a few mph off my speed.

The car was a 68 plate E200 and got up to speed very rapidly indeed, with no petrol-y smell at all. The driver went on to drive like an absolute plank, tailgating other cars, did a stupid overtake and then was weaving in and out of the lanes at some traffic lights further up. Driven more like a stereotypical BMW driver.

Anyway, having read up on this on my return it seems the quoted 0-60 on these is about 8secs which is pretty good for a large car/small engine combo. This one certainly did it in the manufacturer stated time. Just thought I'd share in case anyone was considering one!
Is being a plank a requirement for ownership? If so doubt there will be much take up on here ;-).

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hope not as I may get something similar one day :) Suspect it wasn’t his car as if you’re the boy racer type you’d guess he would have debadged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom