W213 E350d saloon 2017/18

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kam09

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350cdi coupe sport obs black
Guys would like and appreciate some real world owner feedback as I’m considering the w213 e350d saloon on a 17 or 18 plate with ideally less than 40k miles..
Just anything that is a common concern with this particular model as most w213 saloons I see on the roads are the e220d..

Good thread Kam. I’d be looking for some feedback too on the same car.

I have the S212 (estate car) purchased new in 2016 so previous model to yours but I can wholly recommend the V6 Diesel engine which is very smooth and quite economical, it also has plenty of grunt.

I do like the look of the 213 range and was tempted to buy a new one just after Xmas but decided against as the car just sits in the garage most of the time at the moment.

Robin

I have the S212 (estate car) purchased new in 2016 so previous model to yours but I can wholly recommend the V6 Diesel engine which is very smooth and quite economical, it also has plenty of grunt.

I do like the look of the 213 range and was tempted to buy a new one just after Xmas but decided against as the car just sits in the garage most of the time at the moment.

Robin
Yes I had the w212 e250cdi saloon and then the w207 e350cdi and the v6 was great with no issues until it was written off! Tho the e250cdi wasn't too bad apart from dpf issues..
I wouldn't get a new w213 as the facelift e is not far away from release..

The face lift has been out since last September!

I picked up a prefacelift W213 estate last September as I did not want a touch screen or a sad looking grille as opposed to the happy one. :banana:

Adblue issues seems to be a common theme with the blue tech Mercs. Worth doing a bit of research and reading this thread.

The face lift has been out since last September!

I picked up a prefacelift W213 estate last September as I did not want a touch screen or a sad looking grille as opposed to the happy one. :banana:
Nah I meant the new shape e

I have a 4/2017 saloon, had it since August 2019, had 9.5k, now has 20k, so far touch wood no issue except faulty gps, and as I had bought from main dealer it came with 1 year used warranty, so that was replaced foc. Have done a few changes which are as follows

New digital widescreen
Intelligent led headlights changed for new multibeams
Leather airbag for the steering wheel
Changed piano black centre console for the ash wood one.

Try to get a 2018 premium plus, as you may get digital screen, multibeam headlights, 360 camera and blind spot assist as standard, and some other software upgrades,

I had a E280sports W211 previous to this, and once I had the V6, it was always going to be another V6, just so refined, can’t tell it’s a diesel, even when idle.

B976B9CB-A613-498E-9865-BA5DAFF4222A.jpegOh I also re upholstered the the artico leather to the Nappa leather, sent the upholster the design of the designo option which German and US market has, makes a big difference,

Remember any car a registered after April 2017, and has a list price of 40k and over, the road tax will be near £500 for the first 5 years.
62c90f15-c142-44da-83fe-263bbdda1a67-jpeg.109910

Attachments

• 62C90F15-C142-44DA-83FE-263BBDDA1A67.jpeg
    62C90F15-C142-44DA-83FE-263BBDDA1A67.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 117
  • E6CFEB1D-9C56-4FCB-9C37-1D79F93CC493.jpeg
    E6CFEB1D-9C56-4FCB-9C37-1D79F93CC493.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 9
awesome looking car and seats look so much better but I know they would have cost mega £££!

If I’m to get the w213 e350 saloon I will definitely want to change the screens (if they are the lesser spec screens) and centre console trim to black ash wood..

awesome looking car and seats look so much better but I know they would have cost mega £££!
Mega ish, but as I said made a few compromises when i bought it, but spent on the few retrofit to have it how I want it, so no regrets, worth it to me, as it puts a smile on my face each time I get in.

just couldn’t retrofit the 360 camera, as it involves too much work and too much cost.

How is the ride quality on the 20’ inch wheels ?

Mega ish, but as I said made a few compromises when i bought it, but spent on the few retrofit to have it how I want it, so no regrets, worth it to me, as it puts a smile on my face each time I get in.

just couldn’t retrofit the 360 camera, as it involves too much work and too much cost.
Yes that's all that matters as long as you are happy then it's all good

How is the ride quality on the 20’ inch wheels ?
Yes a touch harsh, due to them being run flats, compared to my 18 or 19” non run flats on my w211. I still have around 6mm all round, so when the time comes will have a decision to make to get non run flats, will be cheaper, and less harsh ride.

Went to WIM yesterday, and Joe did say many are changing them to NRF, due to ride comfort, and also cost.

Reactions: HB
Yes a touch harsh, due to them being run flats, compared to my 18 or 19” non run flats on my w211. I still have around 6mm all round, so when the time comes will have a decision to make to get non run flats, will be cheaper, and less harsh ride.

Went to WIM yesterday, and Joe did say many are changing them to NRF, due to ride comfort, and also cost.
Thanks.
Currently our W212 350 sport is on 18s and it rides beautifully. When I look at the used section, a lot of the good spec cars are also on 20s and that was a concern obviously. Yes the regular tyres will be the most sensible option but - no spare tyre then. The W212 is always the “traveller” so I would hate not having a spare. Blooming nightmare.

Thanks.
Currently our W212 350 sport is on 18s and it rides beautifully. When I look at the used section, a lot of the good spec cars are also on 20s and that was a concern obviously. Yes the regular tyres will be the most sensible option but - no spare tyre then. The W212 is always the “traveller” so I would hate not having a spare. Blooming nightmare.
That is the conundrum, running on non run flats without a spare. The car does have tyre pressure monitor, so if one does have pressure loss, then will be warned, and you will get the time too get it looked at. Non run flats puncture can be repaired, but run flats can’t. Also if you are a member of AA or such like, then they will help.

Can’t remember the last time I had a puncture, and if I’m within my city London, and had a puncture and no spare, it wouldn’t be that big a problem. But if I was outside of London or in Europe then it could be a bigger problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom