W213 E400d Engine Management Light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nas2021

Car
W213 E400d
Hi,

Been a guest on this forum for a number of years but finally decided to sign-up.

I have a question as my car went into limp mode randomly after fueling up and I can't figure out what caused it.

The car was driving fine and I was low on fuel so I topped up £15 diesel from Asda as it was the nearest fuel station and needed fuel to get me home. I usually put in v-power but I have used Asda fuel in my other car for years with no issues. As soon I turned the ignition on the car went into emergency operation mode (limp mode) and the engine management light came on. I managed to get home so called Mercedes Assist who sent the RAC. He plugged in the computer and said there were 2 error codes 1. Boost Pressure Low 2. Lambda Sensor fault. He cleared the codes down and the car now works fine strangely with no issues at all. The car was holding the gears and revving up to 4500 before change up but then I took the car for another drive and it drives normal and changes gear normal. I am assuming it was doing a DPF regen after the fault codes were cleared but that is just a guess.

I am not sure if the E400d can handle standard diesel fuel rather than the higher cetane rated v-power fuels but I can't imagine that would cause the issue above.

Has anybody had any similar issues as he cleared the codes down I know Mercedes wouldn't be able to check what the issue was but I am worried in case this happens again. I literally bought the car used 1 week ago from Mercedes and its 2 years old (69 plate) and done only 11500 miles so I find it strange for this issue to occur.

Thanks,

Nas

Hi Nas, sorry to hear you are having trouble. Asda fuel should not cause these errors so it is likely there is an underlying issue. If it were me I would tell the dealer what happened but don’t offer up the excuse regarding the fuel. If it was the fuel causing the problem the fault would still be present. If the fault comes back try and get it back to the dealer before the codes are erased so they can have a look.

You have MB‘s Mobilio breakdown cover to call them out so they can scan the car . Those faults don’t sound fuel related

Welcome aboard doubt those faults were fuel related,

Thanks all. I will give MB a call tomorrow and get my car booked in. Glad to hear that its not a potential fuel issue.

The dealer I bought the car have been a nightmare. I bought it via click and collect due to them being based 400 miles away and the car had worn tyres and arrived dirty inside which I am in the process of dealing with. Not what you expect from Mercedes.

Hi,

Been a guest on this forum for a number of years but finally decided to sign-up.

I have a question as my car went into limp mode randomly after fueling up and I can't figure out what caused it.

The car was driving fine and I was low on fuel so I topped up £15 diesel from Asda as it was the nearest fuel station and needed fuel to get me home. I usually put in v-power but I have used Asda fuel in my other car for years with no issues. As soon I turned the ignition on the car went into emergency operation mode (limp mode) and the engine management light came on. I managed to get home so called Mercedes Assist who sent the RAC. He plugged in the computer and said there were 2 error codes 1. Boost Pressure Low 2. Lambda Sensor fault. He cleared the codes down and the car now works fine strangely with no issues at all. The car was holding the gears and revving up to 4500 before change up but then I took the car for another drive and it drives normal and changes gear normal. I am assuming it was doing a DPF regen after the fault codes were cleared but that is just a guess.

I am not sure if the E400d can handle standard diesel fuel rather than the higher cetane rated v-power fuels but I can't imagine that would cause the issue above.

Has anybody had any similar issues as he cleared the codes down I know Mercedes wouldn't be able to check what the issue was but I am worried in case this happens again. I literally bought the car used 1 week ago from Mercedes and its 2 years old (69 plate) and done only 11500 miles so I find it strange for this issue to occur.

Thanks,

Nas
Hi Nas,

Did you get to the bottom of this issue? My All Terrain did this to me yesterday, had the Merc recovery guy out and it's going into a Main dealer tomorrow to hopefully sort. Had loads of issues with my old Skoda superb and the EGR valve and going into limp mode, so don't want another car following suit.

Cheers

Didds

Hi,

Thanks,

Nas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom