W213 E63 stone deflectors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShaunB

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W213 Designo Hyacinth E63
Guys
Does anyone know if you can get some kind of stone deflectors for the W213 for the front arches?
Or mud flaps, they'd do also.

I'm getting road rash on the front wings immediately behind the wheels.

I would recommend PPF for behind your wheel arches.
I've had PPF put on the front end of my car (front grille, bonnet and wings), but never went behind the rear wheel arches.
Both my fronts and rears now have road rash, front is covered, but I wish I had installed PPF behind the rears before it started.

Thanks John N, I've sent them an email, will see what they say

That didn't take long

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for your enquiry. At this moment in time we aren't looking on producing anything for this car, we may do in the future but are working through some other developments first before we start working on new arch guard line ups. I shall note this one down for the development team and may be something we look into later down the line.

I would recommend PPF for behind your wheel arches.
I've had PPF put on the front end of my car (front grille, bonnet and wings), but never went behind the rear wheel arches.
Both my fronts and rears now have road rash, front is covered, but I wish I had installed PPF behind the rears before it started.
When you say behind the rear wheels, do you mean the bumper?

That didn't take long

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for your enquiry. At this moment in time we aren't looking on producing anything for this car, we may do in the future but are working through some other developments first before we start working on new arch guard line ups. I shall note this one down for the development team and may be something we look into later down the line.

Shaun,

I wish I had taken the time to remove mine from my C Class before I sold it, :oops: Even if it didn't fit, it would have been a good Template to try out on the E Class! :rolleyes:

When you say behind the rear wheels, do you mean the bumper?
Yes, the underside of the rear bumper. Here are the 2 areas I'm getting road rash, the front isn't really noticeable, but the rear is. I should have put a strip of PPF under there.

Mud flaps would prevent rather than protect, but I'm not sure they would look right.

RvWwSLF.jpg

The Carbonworks front stoneguards only use the lower fixing grommet on the arch liner and then they're attached to the arch lip with double sided tape , I wouldn't have thought it would be a major job to adapt them for an E class. Using them has dramatically cut down on the tar spots on the sides of my C Class.IMG_0452a.jpg

Yes, the underside of the rear bumper. Here are the 2 areas I'm getting road rash, the front isn't really noticeable, but the rear is. I should have put a strip of PPF under there.

Mud flaps would prevent rather than protect, but I'm not sure they would look right.
Cheers
I've ordered this, so will put a strip of it on the rear bumper where you've indicated where you're seeing an issue.
I must admit, I've not looked closely at that area on my car, but will do at the weekend.
I might also try to put a strip at the bottom of the front wing just behind the wheel arch as that's where i'm seeing road rash, but I must check the sill.

I did do a search for W213 AMG mudflaps, but I couldn't find anything

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003EP52BU/?tag=amazon0e9db-21

I wonder if its worth while trying to make something out of this stuff
Rally/Motorsport Mud Flap Material 50cmx30cm 3mm MSA spec (Pair) Black -Free P&P | eBay

Scooby_Doo, would you mind taking a picture of the inside of the wheel arch showing the stone guard please to give me an idea on the size

As far as I know Mercedes don't produce mudflaps for any model with AMG bodywork.
I'll take a photo later today of the fitted guards.

You can get mudflaps for AMG cars on the bay of dreams.
How good of a fit they are is a different matter though.

The Carbonworks front stoneguards only use the lower fixing grommet on the arch liner and then they're attached to the arch lip with double sided tape , I wouldn't have thought it would be a major job to adapt them for an E class. Using them has dramatically cut down on the tar spots on the sides of my C Class.View attachment 88284

Scooby_Doo'

Any chance of you Measuring the Pitch between the Grommet Pins? And the Height & Width of your Stone Guards? So I can compare them with my W213 Grommet Pins/Height, if they are the same we can order C Class/S + W205 Guards from Carbonwurks! :D

Contact this chap about these, and asked did he have a picture of them fitted to the W213 AMG
OEM Splash Guards Mud Flaps Guards For 2017-2019 Mercedes Benz E 43 E63 AMG W213 | eBay

He replies with

dear buyer,
this part will fit for e63 AMG model too.
welcome to buy it now. thanks.
i don't have other picture now, but had install more to verify fit perfect .thanks
If they do actually fit then I'm sure they will do the job, but how will they look. Protection vs aesthetics :dk:

Yep, got ya. If I was to get them, they would only be on the front. Your solution for a strip of PPF on the the rear lower bumper would need to happen anyway.
We'll see what options pop up when Scooby_Doo/John finish measuring.
That little strip on the front arch pictured earlier would be nice and unobtrusive.

IMG_1045A.JPG Photo as promised. It's fixed using the two pins , 42mm centres , from memory both holes in the stoneguard are slightly elongated. From the left hand pin to the outer edge is about 55mm

Regarding the above posts about fitted mudflaps on e-bay , I've tried to get a definitive answer, to confirm they fit AMG versions, from a few of the sites but I've yet to get a reply. Most of them actually state " Not for AMG bodied versions". There's a supplier in the midlands supposedly selling them for AMG versions but no reply to two emails to confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom