W213 E63s Owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

irfan1712

Car
w213 AMG E63s
Hello all

After some up to date owners experience on the W213 E63 or E63s, doesn't seem to be many owners on here yet.

I've just left a deposit on a 2017 E63s with the following extras:

Hyacinth Red
20'' Black cross spoked wheels
Performance exhaust
premium pacl (pano roof, comfort access, Burmester)
night pack
interior carbon pack
heated rear seats
amg drivers pack
driver assistance pack

The car is an ex Mercedes owned car and was used as a press car, so it seems to have been featured in various online reviews and videos including Autocar and Drive Tribe where James May reviewed it. All in all I cant wait to collect it Saturday. How are current owners getting on with theirs?

thanks

Irfan

This might be the car Raz Roken reviewed on YouTube I’m guessing?

Had mine for 16 months now so feel relatively qualified to speak about it.

I didn't particularly get on with it at first, though it had a lot to live up to as it replaced my old W212 which was a bit special. Initially it just felt bland, though this was not a fault, more of a difference.

I tend not to use it all the time and went through a few periods of just having it parked up whilst I ran about in something else. This didn't really help with the bonding either but, after a few trips, I eventually started to "get it". It's very unassuming and will happily just plod around town all day long though, when provoked with a heavy foot, it can certainly pick it's feet up. The acceleration is incredible and I'd put it on a par with my old one up to 50mph or so, purely due to the traction with the all wheel drive system. It really does dig in and go. Another thing I've found myself liking about it is the ability to take corners, again with no fuss or drama, it just sticks to the road like it's on rails, with little or no body roll to speak of which, for practically a 2t car, is impressive. The seats look hard and uncomfortable yet I've done a few 4+ hour trips in it and, once set up correctly, they're excellent.

I've had a few electrical glitches with it but these have all been sorted out under warranty so I'm hoping it's now going to behave itself.

All in all it's a very nice place to be and I'm tending to enjoy it more every time I use it which, as mentioned above, still isn't enough at the moment. :(

This might be the car Raz Roken reviewed on YouTube I’m guessing?

I have seen that video of his, but no its not the same (he has the 20'' 5 spokers on that).

Had mine for 16 months now so feel relatively qualified to speak about it.

I didn't particularly get on with it at first, though it had a lot to live up to as it replaced my old W212 which was a bit special. Initially it just felt bland, though this was not a fault, more of a difference.

I tend not to use it all the time and went through a few periods of just having it parked up whilst I ran about in something else. This didn't really help with the bonding either but, after a few trips, I eventually started to "get it". It's very unassuming and will happily just plod around town all day long though, when provoked with a heavy foot, it can certainly pick it's feet up. The acceleration is incredible and I'd put it on a par with my old one up to 50mph or so, purely due to the traction with the all wheel drive system. It really does dig in and go. Another thing I've found myself liking about it is the ability to take corners, again with no fuss or drama, it just sticks to the road like it's on rails, with little or no body roll to speak of which, for practically a 2t car, is impressive. The seats look hard and uncomfortable yet I've done a few 4+ hour trips in it and, once set up correctly, they're excellent.

I've had a few electrical glitches with it but these have all been sorted out under warranty so I'm hoping it's now going to behave itself.

All in all it's a very nice place to be and I'm tending to enjoy it more every time I use it which, as mentioned above, still isn't enough at the moment. :(

Exactly what I was looking for, I appreciate your views! I'm coming from a 204 C63, I've read that the E63 has a hard ride but I'm used to it with the C. I'll be doing a good 15k in this per year so I think choosing the sports seats was a wiser option, especially because some of the drivers assistance features aren't available with the performance seats. I've never driven a 212 or experienced the 5.5 but I read some great things. Hopefully the E63s can relive some of the dirty noises the C63 made, especially with the Performance exhaust.

what colour / spec is yours? pics would be good!

press car... gulp... best of luck and I would get an undertaking from the dealer that given it is a press car, if it starts falling apart they need to sort it out or take it back ! I assume it is approved used?

I just love that colour. Great choice whats not to like?

Hello all

After some up to date owners experience on the W213 E63 or E63s, doesn't seem to be many owners on here yet.

I've just left a deposit on a 2017 E63s with the following extras:

Hyacinth Red
20'' Black cross spoked wheels
Performance exhaust
premium pacl (pano roof, comfort access, Burmester)
night pack
interior carbon pack
heated rear seats
amg drivers pack
driver assistance pack

The car is an ex Mercedes owned car and was used as a press car, so it seems to have been featured in various online reviews and videos including Autocar and Drive Tribe where James May reviewed it. All in all I cant wait to collect it Saturday. How are current owners getting on with theirs?

thanks

Irfan
I am a convert to a jack of all trades car with mine. Feels quick in the real world and very sure footed yet really practical. It is also pretty comfortable. The only downside is it seems to resonate at 70ish on the awful 70's concrete motorway surfaces in a really annoying way. That seems a good spec car, and it has been driven very carefully with no problems :)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
press car... gulp... best of luck and I would get an undertaking from the dealer that given it is a press car, if it starts falling apart they need to sort it out or take it back ! I assume it is approved used?

Yup, I did think this. I haven't been to see it yet but I'm assured its in perfect condition and atleast the pictures and video represents that - its of course under manufacturers warranty so I'm not that concerned.

I just love that colour. Great choice whats not to like?

think I agree! The Hyacinth Red is a lovely choice, I'm done with black and grey cars now.

I am a convert to a jack of all trades car with mine. Feels quick in the real world and very sure footed yet really practical. It is also pretty comfortable. The only downside is it seems to resonate at 70ish on the awful 70's concrete motorway surfaces in a really annoying way. That seems a good spec car, and it has been driven very carefully with no problems :)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeh, I imagined it would be the case so I'm not going to be too shocked with this. As for the that video I did find that last night, did turn me green watching it. No problems were reported.

At the end of the day I'm only feeling a little on edge because I have so much evidence from several online posts and videos that it had an 'interesting' start to life. For all I know my two year old C63 probably had a similar start to life before I bought it.. I think the same applies to pretty much any used car you buy! As long as its presented well and theres no evidence of it shredding through tyres I don't have a problem with it.. more so because it was a Mercedes owned car and is still under warranty. I'd rather not know its past history (to a degree!?) of course but it is what it is. Find me a used AMG that hasn't had a thrashing at some point of its life.

Is the 213 E63S worth as much as the market is currently asking used - the 213 E63 with all the bells seems a wiser choice even if a massive if 0.3 seconds slower to 60...?..

Is the 213 E63S worth as much as the market is currently asking used - the 213 E63 with all the bells seems a wiser choice even if a massive if 0.3 seconds slower to 60...?..

I see your point, but I think if im going to spend this money now I may As well push that bit more and get the S. The regular e63 has been taken off the Mercedes website, which I can only assume they will stop making? And if that’s the case I think the residuals on that over an S would be pretty horrific. No doubt it’s just as capable on a daily basis though

Yeh, I imagined it would be the case so I'm not going to be too shocked with this. As for the that video I did find that last night, did turn me green watching it. No problems were reported.

At the end of the day I'm only feeling a little on edge because I have so much evidence from several online posts and videos that it had an 'interesting' start to life. For all I know my two year old C63 probably had a similar start to life before I bought it.. I think the same applies to pretty much any used car you buy! As long as its presented well and theres no evidence of it shredding through tyres I don't have a problem with it.. more so because it was a Mercedes owned car and is still under warranty. I'd rather not know its past history (to a degree!?) of course but it is what it is. Find me a used AMG that hasn't had a thrashing at some point of its life.
I agree I am not overly worried that a car like this has been driven like it was designed to do It means it has been stress tested to some degree. Probably far less of a concern than a 1.0 fiesta that has been driven until the valves bounce in each gear .

I've been a W213 E63s pilot for nearly 12 months now, it's an amazing motor and as Dave said it is happy to cruise around town in comfort mode just like any other luxurious barge. At the flick of a switch it turns into a monster, totally different throttle response, totally different sound and totally different driving experience. 4matic is a huge saviour for its 600+ horses to be transferred to the road while almost always keeping traction, although if pushing on it does let slip a little, enough to keep a smile on your face. I came from a W205 C63s and the 4matic is a God send.
The new facelift cockpit with dual widescreens is a lovely touch and a great place to be. I have the performance seats and just like Dave I have no qualms with them at all. I understand many people don't like them, but I would have them over and over again.

I'm sure you will have many exciting times with your E63s.

I agree I am not overly worried that a car like this has been driven like it was designed to do It means it has been stress tested to some degree. Probably far less of a concern than a 1.0 fiesta that has been driven until the valves bounce in each gear .

Valid points, i agree. Don't get me wrong id rather not know at all but now that i do i just had to grit my teeth with it - hopefully there'll be no evidence of previous hooning when i see it Saturday!

Although the more I look I can't see a regular E63 with the glorious AMG front seats...ooof...love them...

The performance seats really do look fantastic. i did find that heavily bolstered seats (B7 RS4 and my previous w204 C63) Wear terribly on the outer bolsters from getting in and out and can look tired quickly. for some reason the driver assistance features are available with the performance seats either which is odd. No doubt they look so nice in the E though!

The Diff, brakes, engine mounts and race mode are also different. less of an attraction of course are drift mode and 20" wheels - no doubt as a result of the different brakes.

True - dare i say worth the premium. Call me vain but i wouldn't be happy knowing i could have saved up a bit long for spared a few more ££ a month to have the full cooking S model!

I've been a W213 E63s pilot for nearly 12 months now, it's an amazing motor and as Dave said it is happy to cruise around town in comfort mode just like any other luxurious barge. At the flick of a switch it turns into a monster, totally different throttle response, totally different sound and totally different driving experience. 4matic is a huge saviour for its 600+ horses to be transferred to the road while almost always keeping traction, although if pushing on it does let slip a little, enough to keep a smile on your face. I came from a W205 C63s and the 4matic is a God send.
The new facelift cockpit with dual widescreens is a lovely touch and a great place to be. I have the performance seats and just like Dave I have no qualms with them at all. I understand many people don't like them, but I would have them over and over again.

I'm sure you will have many exciting times with your E63s.

Thanks for that, sounds perfect. I think experiencing an AMG with four driven wheels is what I'm most looking forward too! I do like my interior tech as well and as you mention the double screen cockpit and the ambient lighting makes it look like a real pleasure to be with.

i dont suppose you could shed any light on the 360 camera - Does it come with the car if it has the premium pack and park assist? the park assist button being one of the buttons on the centre console.

I've had my W213 E63S since April and have completed 7500 miles now. Also had the check engine light, like the guys in the video, but was sorted after a couple of days in the dealership and a cam actuator replacement. I came from a 2016 MY S63 AMG (the 5.5L) and have to say that the E class would absolutely drub it from a performance and handling perspective. Yes the cabin environment in the S was luxurious but slightly OTT and the E does a really good job of providing just the right amount of luxury feel without being ostentatious. The 4wd makes such an immense difference. I went for the assistance package so have the 'old man' seats, but also have all the added safety gizmos which is a suitable trade-off and has already saved me, twice, from getting sideswiped by people joining roundabouts when I am only halfway round it (a 'Northern' technique it seems!) Tell you what though, I get out of that car with a grin each and every time. It can be a downright hooligan and the performance is simply astonishing. The fastest, best driving, car I've ever owned (and that includes numerous BMWs from 3 to 5 to X6 class, a DB9, a Continental V8S and the S class). Fast doesn't always mean 'good' , but the all-round ability of the E - family saloon one minute, Porsche (and pretty much everything else under 200k) basher the next - is a real vote winner for me. Fuel economy is not brilliant (I get about 220 miles from a tankful) but who gives a t055 when it is such a joy to drive? Oh, and it makes mincemeat of CLA45s who think they are 'lads' ;-)

i dont suppose you could shed any light on the 360 camera - Does it come with the car if it has the premium pack and park assist? the park assist button being one of the buttons on the centre console.
I believe the 360* camera is a stand alone extra, at least it was on the Edition 1.

I believe the 360* camera is a stand alone extra, at least it was on the Edition 1.
Yep 360 camera was another extra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom