W213 E63s - Remaps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

irfan1712

Car
w213 AMG E63s
Hi guys

looking at getting a stage 1 map on my E63s to open up some potential.

current options are MSL, DMS, JF Automotive and GAD tuning.

Ive not read any issues with any of the above and all seem to have great customer and after care service.

im leaning towards MSL being AMG gurus but DMS have a great after care service with loading maps back onto the car anywhere in the country if it gets wiped by a dealer or garage for whatever reason, f.o.c and unlimited times.

If you’ve had your E63 mapped, who did you use, how was it, and how’s the car now?

thanks

Not used them myself but I’ve only ever heard good things about MSL

MSL all the way. Remapped all 3 of my AMG’s including my current 900bhp CLS. They have the best network for mapping utilising the skills of BFT and EC and others where required. Plus know AMGs inside out including developing their own cars. I’ve used one of the others mentioned and wasn’t as impressed with their after sales.

MSL for me as well.

They did all the work on my W212 when I had it and took it to very respectable figures.

I also happen to know that they've currently been playing around a lot with a W213 E63s as the owner bought my old one, with the aim of getting a lot of horsepower from it.

MSL. They did a great job on my CL 700bhp/820lb/ft :)

That was nearly four years ago and still performs exactly the same .

MSLP did some mods to my W211 E55 back in 2014.

Was very happy with the results and it never put a foot wrong in over two years after before I sold it.

I had to go back not long after as the car seemed to have lost it's mojo and Acid quickly worked out the IC pump was crap so replaced with an upgraded one.

Whatever I went back for afterwards, you get the same good service no matter what.

In the end, it became a "day out" for me and gave me some focus through a bereavement around that time.

He's definitely top of the pile in customer service.

Not to forget Imran at Torqueflow on the same site. Master of exhaust mods and a top chap also.

I couldn't honestly say any of the guys there were not top chaps!

+1 for MSL. My W212 E63 was remapped by them without problems.
I heard DMS are OK but very expensive.
You also have the option of remote mapping and the ability to remove the map for servicing and reload it afterwards with MyGenius. So the same thing DMS are able to offer.

Well i made the trip:

nfFFgi3.jpg

DWC1NOU.jpg

Wasnt my first time at MSL, but was my first Remap at MSL. I dealt with Acid thorugh the whole process and what a guy. A real credit to his company!

Some fantastic cars there to watch being tinkered with before mine went on the Dyno. Admittedly a long day especially with a 2.5hr drive each way - but we were looked after with food and drinks and i wasnt once bored or fed up.

Stock figures:
640bhp & 700lb ft

Stage 1 Remap (No hardware changes)
707bhp & 850lb ft

Only way to descrive the car now is savage. The numbers are bigger - but the way the power and torque is delivered is just completely different. Looking at the curves on the stock map it was bizarre how it peaked and troffed.

There is a mild burble tune added in for some aural pleasure, but its quite laid back compared to most - mainly because i dont want to sound like a tosser, and also to prevent me frying the cats.

Right then.. Stage 2 and downpipes by Christmas Eh..

Thanks for the input all!

Bigger turbos and down pipes for 840bhp and 1050Nm of torque.... Brabus B800 sepcs!!!!

That's not stock for a w213 E63s is it ?

"Stock figures:
640bhp & 700lb ft"

Isn't it more 612bhp and 627lb ft ?

That's not stock for a w213 E63s is it ?

"Stock figures:
640bhp & 700lb ft"

Isn't it more 612bhp and 627lb ft ?

Those will be MSL 's dyno readings allowing for 18% transmission loss. Most AMG engines show more output than the official figures.

My W212 is supposed to have 557bhp and 570ftlbs stock but the dyno readings showed 572bhp and 593ft lbs pre remap.

Those will be MSL 's dyno readings allowing for 18% transmission loss. Most AMG engines show more output than the official figures.

My W212 is supposed to have 557bhp and 570ftlbs stock but the dyno readings showed 572bhp and 593ft lbs pre remap.
I’m sure Developer/John saw something incredible 630 BHP on his w212 E63 at MSL.

The numbers can be influenced by atmospherics on the day as well as other factors so the important numbers are the before and after values and not just how big the number is as you could return with your car and get different values on another day

Yes when Acid did the CL it was stock 540 bhp then 578 pre map

All correct above.

Acid advised a 12% loss, so all numbers on the dyno print out are multiplied by 12% to accommodate the loss at the crank.

the car is always run on 99 fuel, and was on 99 for the dyno.. I imagine this making a ‘slight’ difference?

was made aware of the purge valve ticking quite loud - it’s done this for as long as I can remember but it’s nothing dangerous for the car. but will got my dealer to look at it when the car is back in to complete various small bit of warranty work.

the car is always run on 99 fuel, and was on 99 for the dyno.. I imagine this making a ‘slight’ difference?

I beieve Acid adjusts the map depending on the fuel used on the day. He asked if I was using 99 Ron. I was:D

Yes, a friend of mine was told by Acid he didn't have 99 fuel in after a run on the dyno :)

Lots of stock AMG’s run hotter than advertised stock. I run a 2019 E63s estate and had it put on the dyno a whole
Back as I was curious. Sure enough running a lot more torque (660 lb ft and around 630 + whp) which answers why it’s so quick. 100% stock sources from MB dealer.
The dyno lads asked me ‘what’s next? Tune?’
Nope! Where I live it’s difficult to use the power and I reselling a tuned car can be problematic.
Anyone that thinks a tune cannot be detected even when ‘wipes’ is kidding themselves. These cars are just computers on wheels and they know what to look for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom