W213 E63s - Seized exhaust flap. Time for a new exhaust?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

irfan1712

Car
w213 AMG E63s
Hi All,

I've been fighting with this stupid poorly designed exhaust flap in one of my rear back boxes. Boost has been restricted to about 40% because of this flap for weeks. Changed an actuator/motor which must have been fried from trying to move the seized flap. The error code when plugged into Xentry was 'Actuator 2 blocked'. The new actuator made no difference initially. Physically Poked the flap which made it nice and free, greased it - it was fantastic for 24hrs. Seized again today and I've just had enough of it.

Mad how one stupid little flap can cause so much head ache. Cant remove the flaps because they can't be coded out apparently so flaps need to be there.

My car is a Stage 2, i.e catless downpipes (Redstar) and a stage 2 tune. 740bhp and 830lb ft.

If I went for an aftermarket exhaust, what are my options? I don't need downpipes and I'd like to retain the performance exhaust button in the cabin.

IPE
Capristo
AWE
Meisterschaft

Or I just suck it up and buy a new performance exhaust from Mercedes.

What's your thoughts?

I think most have valve issue's i looked at a couple of c63s with ipe and both were stuck with flaps open🤣

I haven't seen any issues with aftermarket set ups. But to be honest I'd buy new so they'd be under warranty should any issues arise. Its soured ownership at the moment. Crap design by Mercedes and the flaps inside the exhaust are not built to be replaced or serviceable - its basically replace the system. Mare.

I'm not conversant with the exact exhaust set up you have so forgive me if I'm talking total rubbish but is it not possible to have the valves and actuators replaced with something after market. Even if they're built it I would have thought a decent exhaust place would be able to cut them out, weld in the required flanges etc and replace and they'd be serviceable/replaceable in the future too.

Like I said, might be a dumb idea without knowing the lay out or the system in more detail

Speak to Acid at MSL. He will sort you out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom