W213 E63S Warranty Extension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Shaun

Yes purchased in December but didn’t get given any options it was a flat rate. I was shocked at the price but wasn’t going to argue. I can pull out the paperwork tomorrow and drop you a message on the cover it says etc if you want?
Did you manage to find your paperwork Adam?

I have been quoted £495 for 1 year or £950 for 2 years from Mercedes with the car coming up early in the new year. Which I think is reasonable.
having had a mercedes warranty all the way up to 100k on my last MB (E500) i seem to recall there were two tiers Tier 1 and tier2 (unsurprisingly) I am guessing your quote must have been for the lower tier? If not I hope you took it up. Ten years ago my E500 was the best part of £1k per year. about £6k total in my ownership and about £2k in claims and £4k for peace of mind. With my current car I sleep quite well just thinking of the £4k in my bank account!

having had a mercedes warranty all the way up to 100k on my last MB (E500) i seem to recall there were two tiers Tier 1 and tier2 (unsurprisingly) I am guessing your quote must have been for the lower tier? If not I hope you took it up. Ten years ago my E500 was the best part of £1k per year. about £6k total in my ownership and about £2k in claims and £4k for peace of mind. With my current car I sleep quite well just thinking of the £4k in my bank account!
That perfectly sums up why these are 99% of the time a waste of £, yet folks are happy to do so....

Only one level of cover now

I'm not so sure I like this MB extended warranty

I've been speaking with my local MB dealer here in Northern Ireland.
I didn't know it until yesterday, but they have their own extended warranty package which they offer as an alternative to the MB one.
They also offer this policy to other makes that are sold in the group, and I've had positive feedback from other people that have purchased this policy for VW's/Audi's etc.

Had a good chat with one of the service guys yesterday while booking my car in for its third year service.
He told me then about this other policy, and explained that they only work with extended warranties that are provided by MB, or their own.

On the face of it, their own policy looks like it provides a greater level of cover than the MB one.

S

I didn't know it until yesterday, but they have their own extended warranty package which they offer as an alternative to the MB one.
They also offer this policy to other makes that are sold in the group, and I've had positive feedback from other people that have purchased this policy for VW's/Audi's etc.

Had a good chat with one of the service guys yesterday while booking my car in for its third year service.
He told me then about this other policy, and explained that they only work with extended warranties that are provided by MB, or their own.

On the face of it, their own policy looks like it provides a greater level of cover than the MB one.S

On the face of it, their own policy looks like it provides a greater level of cover than the MB one.

Shaun see attachments of the cover, as you say there is only one form of cover now with no tier system.

I spoke with my local MB dealer who has always looked after me even when cars have been out of warranty. (Sorted about £2k of warranty work on my old A45 when it was out of warranty period) he said if you have it they have more scope to work with you on claims even if contains elements in the restricted list.

As I said before not had to use it yet and hopefully won’t but for 950 for 2 years I didn’t grumble. In my opinion it is worth the risk £1k for piece of mind for two years out-ways the risk of something going wrong and having an even larger bill.

Thanks

Attachments

• 7305MER 0719.pdf
    229.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 7305MER 0519 IPID.pdf
    335.7 KB · Views: 1
Thanks Adam
I'm being quoted 2.6K for 24 months, which is a bit annoying to say the least.
My car has been with me since 4 months old, only 16k miles currently.

Thanks Adam
I'm being quoted 2.6K for 24 months, which is a bit annoying to say the least.
My car has been with me since 4 months old, only 16k miles currently.
Yeah I would have had to think more about it at that price as does the cost out way the risk etc.

The only other factor I considered was that if I sell then the warranty can be transferred so upside on sale as well.

What fid the MB dealer quote you for the non official warranty, was that cheaper?

Thanks

Yeah I would have had to think more about it at that price as does the cost out way the risk etc.

The only other factor I considered was that if I sell then the warranty can be transferred so upside on sale as well.

What fid the MB dealer quote you for the non official warranty, was that cheaper?

Thanks
£1260 for 2 years.
I don't think it's transferable to be fair, but that doesn't really bother me.
It does seem pretty similar to the official warranty, but states cover for things like suspension struts and sunroof motors as an example, two things that the MB warranty says it does not cover.

That's a LONG list of parts that aren't covered.
Isn't it just, I'll upload the dealers own warranty details when I'm back working again next week, that's what I'm going to go for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom