W213 first service

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 280merc, Jun 22, 2017.

1. 280merc

280merc New Member

Car:
    CLK 280 W209 now W213
    Hi, my mid 2016 w213 E Class is due its first service next Monday, the MB Main dealer is collecting the car. Does anyone have a definitive list of service actions as part of the first A service the W213 should have. I can find very little in the manual etc and the resulting documents, by experience, show very little.

2. tylerdurden

tylerdurden Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Suspect minimal. They will suck oil out, change filter, refill, check a few basic things then call you with some extras.

3. Abcan

Abcan Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S212 250CDI 2012
  4. christopherwk

christopherwk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2016 E220d SE Cavansite Blue/Macchiato Beige
    Mine had: oil, oil filter, plug, dust filter, adblue and screenwash top-ups.

5. l5foye

l5foye Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    ML 300CDI
    One of the worries I have is that many of the so-called services do not involve removing the wheels. So if you have a puncture and have to remove the wheel, you find it is stuck to the hub. I found this out to my cost. A lump hammer applied to the inside of the tyre is about the only cure. Why the application of some copper grease is not part of a service, knowing the way alloy wheels can become welded to the hub, is beyond me.

Tags: