W213 instrument cluster goes off and on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M44tbt

Car
E220d w213
Hi guys
I have a w213 e220d amg style 2019 problem started 2 weeks ago the instrument cluster goes off and comes back on with seat belt warning on dash worrying thing is when its dark I got no speedo while driving media side works fine I booked into mercedes 7th June anyone else had this problem.

Taken to mercedes they updated the instrument cluster but problem still continues back to mercedes 17th June

Collected car today after New cluster fitted and a1 service 1 mile up the road same problem got to take it back again not happy as this will be ther 3rd time.

I wonder if they should replace the cable that connects the instrument display,it might be a broken wire making and then not.

Ok car went back into mercedes 1/7/21 they took for a 7 mile test drive with cameras set up on dash technician did 5 miles screen went off then back on checked all cables going to instrument cluster but they've started sending info to Germany as they haven't got a clue whats happening.

I have read about this fault on the German W213 forum, will find the link and post, maybe of some help.

Here you go, google will translate it to English, I haven’t read it, just saw the thread title, and remembered when I saw this thread, let us know if there is anything in it, that may help you.

Here you go, google will translate it to English, I haven’t read it, just saw the thread title, and remembered when I saw this thread, let us know if there is anything in it, that may help you.

Thats great ill give it a read know 👍

Shame it couldn’t be of any help to you.

Hi guys
I have a w213 e220d amg style 2019 problem started 2 weeks ago the instrument cluster goes off and comes back on with seat belt warning on dash worrying thing is when its dark I got no speedo while driving media side works fine I booked into mercedes 7th June anyone else had this problem.
Thank you so much for posting this issue and solution, I have right now the same problem. Model is the same but 2018 model year. Dealer has shared they have seen this before and four days ago the instrument cluster was changed under warranty. Last night returning from London the instruments went once again dark before returning with a check on the rear seatbelts. I'm booked in again next week and will be sharing your issue and solution. Thank you again, your experience will drive the next steps taken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom