W213 interested in ownership experiences

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gareth Kent

Hello All, Gareth Kent here. I have been away from Mercs for the last four years as have been having fun in 911’s. I sold my last 911 into the crazy high used market a few months back and am now considering an E-class coupe or convertible (W213). I will be looking at the bigger engined (six cylinder only), not sure if it will be petrol or diesel. Is there anyone on here who has ownership experience they could share (any major issues, what’s good, what’s bad) etc. it will be a mix of town driving and commuting (10k a year, just me for 90% of the time but kids at the weekends) There were always helpful folks on here a few years back and hoping thats the same. Cheers.

Hi Gareth, I have the W213 E350d in estate form. I've had mine for around 2 years now. I've driven every model of E Class since the W124 with various petrol and diesel engines. I'm convinced that the 6 cylinder diesel engines suit the E Class best. It is effortless and relaxing at all times.
I've had no major issues with mine. I am about to replace the glow plug control module as the glow plug light flickers every now and then. I believe this is a common fault across the Merc range. Part is £140 and just plugs in at the front of the engine bay.

I would highly recommend the W213

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom