W213 lowering springs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rober

Car
E400d (W213)
Hi.
From April 2021 I'm happy owner of E400d 4Matic from 2020, but once car been delivered I've spot that car sitting quite high (much higher then my E220 from 2014).
It don't looks nice with 20'' wheels so I want to lower it a bit (30mm ish) but problem is that I can't find lowering springs for this model. I've even spoken with Eibach to check if they've got something more than I can see in their shop but unfortunately they don't have any springs to this model.

- Does anybody have an idea if there are any lowering springs for E400d 4Matic W213?
- Is it normal that car is so high? I'm able to put 4 fingers between tyre and wing (in E220 with only 18'' I can put 3 fingers).

Hi all. Long time gone since my question. AMGeed, thanks for your link but I wasn't confident to that springs as some shops says they are fit in to my car and some they not. I've asked Vogtland directly and they said that they are not dedicated to my car 😭. Luckily before Christmas H&R released dedicated springs to E400d (part no.28740-7) which I've bought and fitted and I need to say that car looks much better now.

Hi all. Long time gone since my question. AMGeed, thanks for your link but I wasn't confident to that springs as some shops says they are fit in to my car and some they not. I've asked Vogtland directly and they said that they are not dedicated to my car 😭. Luckily before Christmas H&R released dedicated springs to E400d (part no.28740-7) which I've bought and fitted and I need to say that car looks much better now.
Hi, im looking to get my e220d lowered. Where did you get yours fitted as i am from the leeds area aswell, how much was your springs? and labour?

Hi, im looking to get my e220d lowered. Where did you get yours fitted as i am from the leeds area aswell, how much was your springs? and labour?
Hi, I've bought my lower springs on autodoc (but they've been on eurocarparts as well) for about £160 but remember that for E220 you will need a different model. for labour I've paid £240 (£60 per spring) but I've done this with Doncaster mechanic who always doing services for my cars so I'm guessing standard price could be higher.

H&R saying that car should be lowered by 30mm on this springs, but in my car front was dropped form 57mm to 37mm and rear from 62mm to 23mm.
Now looks much better but some issue appear. When I'm driving on bumpy road I can hear some squeaking from front suspension.
Anybody have an idea what it could be?

a2.jpeg

n2.jpeg

Why did you ruin the car with black wheels
I never had black wheels so I want to try something new. Also I want to dechrome everything what possible, but to be honest I miss them a little bit because they looks quite nice as well.

I never had black wheels so I want to try something new. Also I want to dechrome everything what possible, but to be honest I miss them a little bit because they looks quite nice as well.
I always feel the black wheels, de chrome etc just ruins the class of a Merc. It’s not a chavvy car.

I always feel the black wheels, de chrome etc just ruins the class of a Merc. It’s not a chavvy car.
My other Merc is full of chrome and without any modifications (except tinted rear windows) so this one want to modify a bit to get my dreamed car which I never had 😊
Or maybe I've got middle age crisis 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom