W213 Metal Door Pins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nas2021

Car
W213 E400d
Hi,

I was looking to upgrade my plastic door pins to the metal ones (non amg ones). I called my local MB garage who couldn't find the part. Has anybody got experience of using the ones you can get of Ebay for under a tenner? Ideally would prefer actual MB ones so if anybody can share a part number that would be appreciated?

Thanks,

Just ensure that you measure the width of your existing pins and match to the ones you are buying.

The ebay ones come in different thicknesses and if they are too thin they will not fit properly and will rattle around

Thanks, didn't realise that. I will take my current one out and measure it :)

I used the eBay ones previously and they worked well on the GL. The thread on the pin was different but wrapping some self amalgamating tape around the car side allowed the plastic eBay pin to be screwed on. Worked a treat.

I used the eBay ones previously and they worked well on the GL. The thread on the pin was different but wrapping some self amalgamating tape around the car side allowed the plastic eBay pin to be screwed on. Worked a treat.
Thanks. I ordered the part number above. Cost was £34. Collecting them later today.

IMG-20210826-WA0017.jpeg

Fitted the pins just now. Easy enough job. I thought the pins were metal turned out to be plastic. I would of probably saved money buying the ones from Ebay after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom