W213 Multibeam high beam assist..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proeliator2001

Car
W213 220d AMG P+
... Seems to be hated by lorry drivers. Been flashed countless times by lorries, only very occasionally by cars, when using high beam assist on a roads. Even when the road is flat and the car can see the lorry lights they'll still flash me. Anyone else getting that? I'm reluctant to use the feature if it's blinding oncoming traffic!

Usually do see oncoming traffic boxed out in darkness but it's not exact and seems to lag a bit, with the box not fully covering the oncoming car.

My E350 S212 has ILS and I find it awesome, not been flashed by anyone, worth having yours checked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S212 does not have multibeam leds as far as I know. The OP does not complain the car in front being blinded. With W212 LEDs you cannot blind the facing traffic if the one in front is not blinded. With multibeam leds this is possible if other cars are not properly detected.

I cannot remember a single case where someone would have flashed me when driving the W222 and the W213 multibeam LEDs are next generation improvement over the W222.

I have no idea why the car would misbehave like this.

S212 does not have multibeam leds as far as I know. The OP does not complain the car in front being blinded. With W212 LEDs you cannot blind the facing traffic if the one in front is not blinded. With multibeam leds this is possible if other cars are not properly detected.

I cannot remember a single case where someone would have flashed me when driving the W222 and the W213 multibeam LEDs are next generation improvement over the W222.

I have no idea why the car would misbehave like this.

I did not realise there was a difference, my car has high beam assist and have had no problems.

There will always be someone who will flash due to the brightness of
LED lights but if op is getting this regularly there must be an issue.

Picture of my lights posted.
0f990c51c602e35d9337201c0f6ff71c.jpg

It's fine at blanking out any car I'm following and usually deals well enough with oncoming traffic. Tried it again tonight and it definitely is a bit slow at moving boxes around sometimes to properly cover off other traffic.

I didn't have Multibeam on my old w212 so no idea how they work but I didn't think they could throw a small dark "box" around other cars, thought they blanked out most of the road. The new tech is amazing, just seems laggy and unfriendly to lorries.

If you have w213 with premium plus (only way to get these lights) let me know how you get on. I have a feeling I'm get fobbed off and told it's not perfect system, no fault present etc. So id like to know if it's systemic or isolated to mine.

I had these on my last CLS and loved them. Never had a problem with them reacting quickly enough or applying inappropriate beam shapes. I can't remember where the sensor is - behind the rear view mirror? Is it clean?

On mine the sensor is upper central on screen.

Mine seems to work pretty much perfectly.

If following a vehicle it will blank the car in front and allow the lights to shine either side.

Likewise you can see the lights constantly adjusting to oncoming traffic and quite quickly.

Yup, its on my new GLC (which needed an extra lighting option above the Premium Plus pack), and it does throw a "black box" around oncoming cars and cars in front. I do get flashed occasionally (didn't happen with the W166 ML which turned high beam off completely), and i suspect its just because the LED lights are very bright if you stare at them.

Haven't seen any upset trucks yet ..

R

has the OP manager to fix the problem? My 2017 W213 is also showing a slowdown in reacting to the various headlights. It used to be very quick. Not sure what might be causing the delay or reaction time. I contacted my dealer and they want the car for 2 to 3 days to investigate.
Note: The W212 (latest models from 2013 onwards) do have the multi beam option, but it is a less capable version to the one fitted onto the W213. My previous W212 2013 myltibeam gave up if it had to track more than 3 vehicles, it would then just turn the main beam off as it couldn't cope. The W213 multibeam is yet to switch main beam off because of too many vehicles - it's an amazing feature, but it is slwoing down which can cause glare to others.

If you have w213 with premium plus (only way to get these lighDazzling car headlights under Government reviewts) let me know how you get on. I have a feeling I'm get fobbed off and told it's not perfect system, no fault present etc. So id like to know if it's systemic or isolated to mine.

I have the S213 (Estate version) and mine seems to work fine when I am following cars, but like you I have been flashed a few times by oncoming vehicles. It's hard to tell if the lights are shining too high - it's certainly not something I can actually see, so I put it down to the fact that the LEDs are cleaner and brighter than the halogens on my S204.

Interestingly the government are supposed to be working with the United Nations to determine why lights are so bright:
Dazzling car headlights under Government review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom