W213 Parking sensors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Patdavis

Car
E class
Guys,

My car has all round sensors, but when parking there are no beeps,
Is there anyway to activate this?

MB Parktronic normally only beeps once you start getting too close.

What happens when the displays go red?

Okay haven't gone that far, gone as far as having 4 or 5 orange dots per side

OK, this is one of my problems too. You can switch the beeps on or off, adjust the volume and the sensitivity BUT it only beeps whilst you are actually moving. So if you engage forward or reverse and something is close, you hear nothing until you move towards it. Of course that could be too late.

How do you switch on or off the beeps

Pat, I'll have to check in the car but I think it is vehicle, assistance or similar. Have you not got the "Guide" app? Do you have an iPad?

Pat, here is the page from the guide:

Attachments

• image-3852550030.jpg
    image-3852550030.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 104
In the sound settings in COMAND, you can change the audio notification to early, so it starts to beep as soon as anything is detected rather than waiting to the last minute

On my 2013 car Parktronics only beeps when the red bars come on (But not with the orange bars).

That was the case on my 2015 W212, but my new 2017 W213 offers the option to warn on the orange notifications. Which I feel is a useful change.

Capt109 said:
That was the case on my 2015 W212, but my new 2017 W213 offers the option to warn on the orange notifications. Which I feel is a useful change.

So tell me, do the beeps on yours only sound whilst you are actually moving? It just seems a little weird to me.

Coming from VAG, I find the parking sensors on the Merc dire. The silent system is a nightmare and I can't find any means for changing it on my car and the delay in detecting an obstacle is chronic. The amount of times I've stopped before the sensor has even picked anything up is frequent.

All I can say is park with caution, particularly reversing.

I do t believe it! I was reversing into ca car parking space taking it really easy as usual. There was a big sign behind me so i had that as well as my sensors in sight. All of a sudden Big Bang, the car comes to an abrupt stop and then the two red dots appear with a warming.

I didn't realise there was a bollard in front of the sign. There's very little damage but its creased the paint work at the top of the bumper just above the parking sensor!

They need regular maintenance and cleaning with water and shampoo. Probably germs covered it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cleaned the car yesterday and it's no better. I almost reversed into the plant pot on the drive, something my wife does regularly.

I could move the plant, but the next obstacle is the house!

I took the car for its MOT today. I spoke to the guy about my parking sensor issue so they've now turned up the volume and the bleeping starts on the first yellow dot.

It'll be interesting to know how much of a difference it makes.

Crazyfool said:
I took the car for its MOT today. I spoke to the guy about my parking sensor issue so they've now turned up the volume and the bleeping starts on the first yellow dot. It'll be interesting to know how much of a difference it makes.

That is interesting! I assume you have a W212? I wonder if they can do the same for the W213?

I keep asking this but does yours continue to beep when the car stops or start to beep as soon as you engage reverse to warn you of the close proximity of an object?

S212. It starts beeping as soon as the first yellow dot appears and gradually increases to a prolonged tone when in the red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine didn't beep at all and being a convertible there is no visual guide at the rear. Gutted.
IMG_0285.jpeg

Sorry just realised, different model car from OP

Mine didn't beep at all and being a convertible there is no visual guide at the rear. Gutted.
View attachment 77039

Sorry just realised, different model car from OP

Oh dear that’s not good. Even with my adjusted system I’m still over cautious since dinging mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom