W213 power boot, broken again after manually closing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markell76

Car
E-Class 220 (W213)
My powered boot opening closing has just broken for the second time in a month after someone manually closed without pressing the close button!
The boot feels limp like something on hinge or spring has detached.
First time I took back to dealer and they took all day to fix telling me how complicated it was to repair. Now it's happens again.
I should add other didn't slam it with force just your normal light push.
Surely it should be able to withstand this. The manual says you can close without the button.

Has anybody else had this experience?

Thanks
Mark

My powered boot opening closing has just broken for the second time in a month after someone manually closed without pressing the close button!
The boot feels limp like something on hinge or spring has detached.
First time I took back to dealer and they took all day to fix telling me how complicated it was to repair. Now it's happens again.
I should add other didn't slam it with force just your normal light push.
Surely it should be able to withstand this. The manual says you can close without the button.

Has anybody else had this experience?

Thanks
Mark

How 'broken' is it?

Does it open fine and just not close? or is it not working whatsover

The latch releases but doesn't lift it. Pressing close does nothing . I can slam it shut and it locks.
The red buttons are lit, the close and lock button just locks car, so I don't think it's a power or fuse issue.
My question is surely the boot shouldn't break everyone somebody closes it manually ?

The boot should close fine manually. Shutting the boot manually should just bypass or disengage the motor mechanism. It would be crazy for it not to be designed like that as it would take next to no effort to make it that way. If they can be damaged by manually closing why aren't there giant warning stickers on the boot? From memory it still has internal recessed handles doesn't it? Not exactly a "keep out" warning is it!

Good luck getting it sorted.

Sounds like it just needs resetting. Does it not say anything in your handbook?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom