W213 Sat Nav Post Codes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dj131

Car
E220d SE
Hi, have got 2 month old E220d with the NTG5.5 comand sat nav. It is driving me crazy. For some reason postcodes that are correct in every other sat nav i have ever used are wrong with this one.
For example I lived in L31 2** for over 40 years. Every other sat nav ranging from inbuilt audi and bmw, through to £40 navman, garmin and tomtom devices, google maps and apple maps have always recognised this as correct. For some reason the W213 sat nav has my old house as L31 4**.
My new house also has a different post code in the w213 nav than in every other device.
Thw w213 gets the first part of the post code right but not the second part. This is so annoying as i cant enter destinations as postcodes and cant import correctly from other apps. For example even the Mercedes Me app gives the correct postcode but when it sends it to the vehicle the nav takes me to the postcode it had sent to it, but which it thinks is in a different place. (hope that makes sense).
has anyone else foubd this problem?
Thanks

Hi, have got 2 month old E220d with the NTG5.5 comand sat nav. It is driving me crazy. For some reason postcodes that are correct in every other sat nav i have ever used are wrong with this one.
For example I lived in L31 2** for over 40 years. Every other sat nav ranging from inbuilt audi and bmw, through to £40 navman, garmin and tomtom devices, google maps and apple maps have always recognised this as correct. For some reason the W213 sat nav has my old house as L31 4**.
My new house also has a different post code in the w213 nav than in every other device.
Thw w213 gets the first part of the post code right but not the second part. This is so annoying as i cant enter destinations as postcodes and cant import correctly from other apps. For example even the Mercedes Me app gives the correct postcode but when it sends it to the vehicle the nav takes me to the postcode it had sent to it, but which it thinks is in a different place. (hope that makes sense).
has anyone else foubd this problem?
Thanks

Sounds like an error in the mapping data. Have you tried omitting the space when entering the postcode.

I wouldnn't store you own house/home in there anyway. If a thief takes your keys whilst you are out, the car will take him to your home too!

hi, yes have tried omitting the space but still no luck !!!
Dont normally store my own home information, but tried it when i realised it was entering other post codes wrong.

I have the same post code issue. I find it works if I omit the last 2 letters - ie. I can find the street name from the resulting list.

Same problem here, picked up my E220 today. Loving the car but on Command my home postcode doesn't exist so typed in the whole address and it showed a postcode the other side of town. This seems an odd problem in this day and age, hopefully a quick software update will be availale

I also have this problem. My home postcode was mapped correctly with my Garmin and my built-in TomTom in my MX5 but my Mercedes puts me in a street half a mile away. It's not the only thing, either. I find it will often send me off on a tangent where I KNOW I have to turn left (for example) and it prompts me to turn right or the other day in Reading, the road curved right and then straight and it told me to 'turn right now' which would have taken me into a petrol station on the other side of the road. It's quite dangerous, you really have to keep your sits about you. I think I might turn the voice off and just watch the map.

Same problem here, picked up my E220 today. Loving the car but on Command my home postcode doesn't exist so typed in the whole address and it showed a postcode the other side of town. This seems an odd problem in this day and age, hopefully a quick software update will be availale

Well after a couple of days the problem has gone away and the Nav is working fine, hard to fathom really

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom