W213 SE Estate 8 weeks in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shane63

Car
Mercedes E Class 220SE Estate
This is my feedback on the first 8 weeks of living with my new E class estate.

1. It is true, you can only get into 9th gear if you are in excess of the motorway speed limit. At 75 mph indicated speed, the gearbox smoothly moves into 9th.
2. On long motorway runs I have returned figures around 62 MPG, very happy with that.
3. The self parking facility works well, but taking 'the leap of faith' needs some getting used to.
4. The inner sill protrudes a bit too far into the drivers foot well and that will cause the carpet to wear very quickly where the sill is close to the accelerator pedal and your foot is catching the sill and pedal at the same time.
5. The Garmin Map Pilot appears to be about 12 months out of date, as some roads in my area that have been re-routed or altered are not comparable on the software. Example the software is trying to take me round a roundabout that was removed 12 months ago.
6. In comfort mode, it is a very relaxing drive and cabin noise is hardly noticeable. The seats are very comfortable and offer a lot of support.
7. Bit worried about the piano black center trim, it looks as if it may scratch very easily.
8. Boot area is huge, with both rear seats fully down I can easily fit two road bikes in and luggage. The main reason I got the E Class in the first place.

Overall the car is great and has met my expectations and some of the above points are only slight niggles in my mind. So much so, that a good friend of mine has just purchased the 3 litre AMG estate on my recommendations and experience of the past 8 weeks.
:thumb::thumb:

I have now had my W213 for one week, same colour but with the beige interior and COMAND. Replaced a W212

The engine and gearbox are a big improvement, the interior feels a great deal more modern. The only thing I am missing is the ILS which was standard on the 2015 SE model.

I can update my maps using Mercedes.me, are you not able to do the same on the Garmin?

Last edited:
Hi,

To be honest I have not looked into the Garmin update. I will do this in the next week and report back.

Thanks for the reminder that I can possibly update.

Just need now to find a company who manufacture a boot liner for the new Estate.

Anyone out there any pointers for any manufacturer who has already got the new model boot liner in it's range

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom