W213 SE Estate Delivery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry to hear of your problems but I've been there with bells on... back in 2014 I ordered an E350 Amg Prem plus estate, due September, come December it still wasn't here and the lease company finally admitted it wasn't even built and wasn't expected till February, maybe March but definitely April!! Issue was oversold 9G Tronic boxes apparently.

The lease company were awesome, its Mercedes that were hopeless.

Enjoy it when you get it.

Hi JBD,
Does that mean the car will be shipped from Zeebrugge and not Bremerhaven and what port will in come into in the UK. The dealership is based in Leeds, so will it be Immingham.

Cheers

It should go from Zeebruggee to Teesport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks JBD,

I must be honest I seem to have more information from the people on the forum that I have ever got from the lease company or dealership:thumb:

Did not hear anything last week so I contacted the dealership direct this morning. The car arrived in the UK on Friday and will be delivered on Tuesday 31st January. They even had the registration number, so I can get my car park passes changed in advance.

So now let's see if my car now arrives Tuesday week. I am not going to believe it until it is parked on my drive and I get to play !!!

I just wished my company did not have this corporate agreement with ***** and I could go with a different lease company. At least a bit of competition might give them cause to offer some sort of customer service.

Do you not have a fleet manager who can give them a kicking?

The mis-information is bad, although when I had company cars (changed every 2yrs for over 20 years) it was always a bit iffy. We weren't allowed to order until a month before the car was due to be changed in case someone left so it was always tight. I don't recall any great drama though - just drove the "old" car and then one day a nice man from the leasing company would bring me a new one and take the old one away.

I did look at personal leasing last year and not being able to get a straight answer on delivery was the main reason I bought (for my wife) instead. Quite how people who already have personal leases change to a new car without risking either a big overlap or a big gap, I have no idea.

Hi Rory,

At my company our HR department deals with the cars and unfortunately the manager left and we only have his assistant left and she has no real authority, so I got involved.

It really has been a tale of exceptionally poor customer service, lack of communication or people not giving a t**s.
But eventually it looks as if I am getting my car, but both A***l and MB have not covered themselves in glory

Well, alledgley I am supposed to be taking delivery of my car tomorrow. I will only believe it when it turns up on my drive. The Dealership, despite confirming via email that delivery date was tomorrow, today tried to tell me it was going to be Wednesday. I said not possible I had arranged my diary around the delivery date and I have two business meetings booked on Wednesday in London, so not around to accept delivery. Twenty minutes after the first conversation , I was then told it will be tomorrow after all and I will be contacted by the delivery company this afternoon with an ETA. I was in meetings all this afternoon no call or message left. So still not fully convinced that it will arrive tomorrow.

I will either be posting pictures of the new arrival or having another rant tomorrow evening

I will admit it I was wrong. At 9.50 am this morning my car arrived. The delivery driver was excellent, he called me at 8.00 am to give me an ETA, then again five minutes before he arrived (I think that was to get the kettle on). He then spent 50 minutes giving me a comprehensive and thorough hand over briefing. Thank you very much Ben.

She was certainly worth waiting for, all I have to do now is remember how to use all the features. I have posted a couple of pictures. Hopefully no more ranting now.
Merc 2.jpg

Another PictureMerc.jpg

:bannana::thumb::D

The XF and E Class both look good on the drive. Pity the Jaguar is going. A friend of our ours has brought it direct from the lease company at a very very good price. Has 48,000 miles on the clock, full JSH, never been pranged, in excellent condition. Price, well let's say well below trade.
I suppose it saves the lease company having to collect, appraise, send to auction and then having a sellers fee deducted from a bid that probably is lower than our friend paid for the car. And she is only moving a mile away from us.
Bit sad to see her go, never went wrong, good comfortable drive. But just not big enough for two road bicycles to fit into.
Now moving onto another class motor with more space and a few more bells and whistles.

Jag & Merc.jpg

Last edited:
...S213 is the correct Mercedes coding for the new estate. Can the knowledgeable people on this forum please let me know if this is correct or is my know it all mate incorrect.

Correct the estate would be designated S213 the saloon would be a W213.

See you've got the car now so ENJOY. Was watching a YouTube road test of the W213 last night, admittedly it had bells and whistles (Options £££) but looked real nice.

Last edited:
The XF and E Class both look good on the drive. Pity the Jaguar is going. A friend of our ours has brought it direct from the lease company at a very very good price. Has 48,000 miles on the clock, full JSH, never been pranged, in excellent condition. Price, well let's say well below trade.
I suppose it saves the lease company having to collect, appraise, send to auction and then having a sellers fee deducted from a bid that probably is lower than our friend paid for the car.

I did this with one of my father's old company cars. As you say, it saves them a load of hassle, leaving them just the paperwork to shuffle. The price was sufficiently good that when I sold it 3 years later, having doubled the mileage to 150k, I only "lost" £500.

I will admit it I was wrong. At 9.50 am this morning my car arrived.

Good stuff - let us know how you're getting on with it! It's got it's own 'quirks'!

I'll be done with mine in a couple of weeks and off it goes.

Hi All.
I will post updates over the next couple of months, the good and the bad (If there is any bad that is).

I took her out for an quick half hour spin yesterday afternoon and initial impressions were very good. Nice ride, visibility seems better than the XF and the gearchange is absolutely seamless !. Steering is positive and feels good at all speeds, I just have to get used to having the gear selector on a stalk behind the steering wheel. But should soon get used to that.

The 3 mile drive to the station this morning was fine and got the chance to use the self park, which felt a bit strange but worked superbly.

Next update in a week or so. Next test is the long run !

It looks great. Well wear...
Hi All.
I will post updates over the next couple of months, the good and the bad (If there is any bad that is).

I took her out for an quick half hour spin yesterday afternoon and initial impressions were very good. Nice ride, visibility seems better than the XF and the gearchange is absolutely seamless !. Steering is positive and feels good at all speeds, I just have to get used to having the gear selector on a stalk behind the steering wheel. But should soon get used to that.

The 3 mile drive to the station this morning was fine and got the chance to use the self park, which felt a bit strange but worked superbly.

Next update in a week or so. Next test is the long run !

Hope I have better luck

Hi everyone many thanks for having me here this is my first Merc have been an Audi guy for years but just couldn't pass on this new E Class.

I have an S213 E220d SE on order in Selenite Grey with Premium Pack, Dark Tinted Windows, Wheel Upgrade and Black Ash Dash Trim.

I'm told its going to be built tomorrow 13/3/17 and I will have the car before the end of the month so that I don't have to pay the £450 tax bill each year, lets hope I don't have the same trouble as you. :wallbash:

Last edited:
I think things are a lot better now in terms of on time delivery. Speaking to the dealership the initial first couple of production runs were not as smooth as they should have been. But things are sorted now.

So hopefully you will have no problems and yours will be on time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom