W213 seat replacement

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Mjtrigger83, May 17, 2019.

1. Mjtrigger83

Mjtrigger83 New Member

Car:
    E220d amg line
    Hi, I've just bought my first Mercedes. It's a e220 amg line estate 2017. Amazing spec, everything I wanted. I do a lot of driving and so far have found the amg line microfiber and leather seats really really uncomfortable. I love the car and don't want to get rid of it, how hard would it be to swap out the front seats to proper amg buckets or a comfortable alternative?

2. PaulXC

PaulXC Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2018 E220d S213 ||| 2012 E500 4.7 V8 Bi-Turbo Cabrio ||| 2017 VW Polo 1.2Tsi
    I have to agree that the seats in in the S213/W213 aren't the most comfortable, though I find the longer the drive the better it gets.

I think the real problem for me is that the accelerator pedal is offset to far to the right. This causes me to sit slightly off in the seat to use the pedal comfortably. My car has distronic so with that set on the motorway it's much better as I can get my foot off the pedal.

I've driven a LHD W213 and that was much better as the pedal to seat line has no offset. I very nearly bought the LHD for that reason but price wise it was about 30% for the same spec car!.