W213 Suspension soft and stalling issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex300ce

Car
W213 E350d PP Sport, E36 AMG sold C32 AMG sold A200 Turbo
Hi
I have a 2016 W213 E350d Premium Plus sport which is a great car, but I slowly getting ****** off with a couple issues.
Firstly the suspension feels terrible, very soft and bouncy but hard on tiny bumps such as cats eyes. When u go round a corner you can feel the car dip into it rather than stay stable and does not feel safe at all. It's gone to the dealer and after the 3rd visit they rebooted the abc system which seamed to cure it for about 20miles then it went back to its old ways. Now it's getting darker sooner and I've driven it more in the dark you can see the headlights bouncing on the bumps rather than adjusting them selves level so I'm guessing it's all related.
Next problem
Every week or so when you will pull up to some traffic lights or junction the revs start fluctuating as if it's about to stall, also a tick can be heard from the engine. A few times it's actually stalled and I've had to restart the car on the button.
It's going in again next week but thought I'd put these problems on here
Few other issues I've had is rear view mirror rattle
Dash rattles
Burmeister speaker seams to be blown from passenger door
Mirrors randomly won't autos open on entry
Sat nav/ media won't turn on ( once a week issue)

Sounds like you have a 'lemon'.

Did you buy it new or used and is the dealer a Mercedes dealer?

I would be documenting (as you have here) in writing and giving it to the dealer to sort. Include a firm but polite notice, that you will not be accepting the car back until these issues are resolved to your satisfaction, with a written note that states clearly, how they were resolved.

From your description it does sound like the suspension is broken/leaking and that 'may' be causing other components to stress? Warning: I am not familiar with ABC. But if it is like most air suspension it will rely on a compressor and a controller then a various leveling sensors. The compressor can very easily be 'overworked' if something else causes it to keep working. They are designed to run for short 2/3 second bursts. Much longer and they get too hot. They also start to put a strain on batteries, wiring looms etc.

This may all be complete rubbish and nothing to do with ABC. So apologies if so. But you still need to document and get a response in writing. That will focus their minds on resolving your issue. Ask to drive another similar car with them sat in it?

Thanks for your response
They did take out another 350 and realised there was a problem, I'm guessing they took the easy option of giving it a reboot!
I will definitely be writing a letter to mbuk as it's not the car we purchased and is just a pain to drive. We brought it 6m old with 4K on the clock from me Birmingham so that's about 120miles from us so we get it service at a local dealer for obvious reasons. I'll report back the out come next week. Just wanted to know if there was any others with similar problems being as it was new in first year of release

Thanks for your response
They did take out another 350 and realised there was a problem, I'm guessing they took the easy option of giving it a reboot!
I will definitely be writing a letter to mbuk as it's not the car we purchased and is just a pain to drive. We brought it 6m old with 4K on the clock from me Birmingham so that's about 120miles from us so we get it service at a local dealer for obvious reasons. I'll report back the out come next week. Just wanted to know if there was any others with similar problems being as it was new in first year of release

Hi there. I am new to Mercedes world. I recently bought from Mercedes a 04/2016 model. I have similar suspension problems with you. All the symptoms are there. How did you manage to solve the problem?
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom