W213 Unlocked messages no longer available

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TonyBrown

Car
W213 E220d Premium with Widescreen and Driving Assistance
I know not everyone was a fan of the MercedesMe app reminder that the car was unlocked, but I found the usefulness outweighed the occasional wrong notification. It stopped working on my car (late 2016 W213) a few months ago. After many attempts to get MercedesMe support to fix it, I finally got the statement:

"Notifications of open doors have been discontinued for vehicles equipped with a KOM3 module and HERMES 1.0, which is the case for your vehicle.The interruption was not announced in advance, as it was not supposed to be in operation for vehicles equipped with the mentioned communication modules."

Upon further prompting, as to why something which "was not supposed to be in operation" had been allowed to continue for 4 years, I got a further statement saying "We received this confirmation from the head office in Stuttgart on 03/02/2021. The service is now discontinued."

Pretty poor to just turn off a service without telling their customers. I guess they probably got fed up with people complaining it wasn't totally reliable, and decided to pull it rather than fix it. Makes you wonder what else they will decide to discontinue.

Given what they've done with active park assist, this is no surprise, but yes, crap to remove a service without notice regardless of whether it should have been active or not. They'd know how many people use it as their system sends the notifications!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom