W213 Videos USB/SD (E220d SE Auto)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IanFitz

Car
E-class W213
Morning Gents,

How on earth do you get video files to play!

I've looked through the forums and in various threads, there does not appear to be a definitive answer to playing videos/movies via the USB/SD Card slots in a W213.

First off, do you have to have the dual screens to play videos?? The user manual doesn't state so - but I'm just trying to make sure I'm covering all possible scenarios as to why things are not working, as I dont have the dual screen setup and its not been quizzed or questioned in other threads.

Both the USB and SD play audio fine so I know its not a FAT/NTFS issue with the memory.

I downloaded a pack of video files for testing media players, its a 10 second film recorded in 20 or so standard file formats - 3 of which played audio only. So I dived back into the user manual and found the compatible file formats section and downloaded test versions of those - again audio only.

Now, using the video files that played audio only I tried instead to use the odometer screen/control and select the media I wanted. The files are found as you'd expect but via this screen it states its a video file (which at this point I considered progress) but alas only plays the audio again.

I've had the car running/not running/with park/without park/handbrake on and off to perhaps receive a message telling me video files cant be played during transit....im getting nowt.

Could someone who has had their W213 playing video files upload or point in the direction of a video file they have had working...and I'll try it too and report back.

Thanks Chaps.

Ian.

I can confirm you don't need the dual screen display to play video and I have done this on several occasions - mine were movies in MP4 that I had temporarily downloaded from Kodi.

Unfortunately I've just jacked the car in for a CLS so don't have it anymore, so I guess my ability to help further is limited!

Jocky,

Thx for the input buddy. Grabbing the mp4 from Kodi thats no issue I can do that.

Assuming then ive got said MP4 file on the mem stick.
Just to confirm that theres no other magic happening....

Smack the centre console MEDIA button
Jiggle your way down and across to DEVICES and press
Pick the memory card of choice
....and wait the scanning ect and it just happens?? (i think files autoplay at this point??)

Ian.

Yes that's right - although mine were loaded on a SD card and stored in folders on the card.. My colleague has a 213 estate so I'll grab his keys and check the exact process for you...

cheers

Morning Jocky,

I grabbed a TV show download via Kodi and sure enough it was an MP4. I took everything off the USB stick and put the file in the root directory - no folders - no other files - just it on a USB stick.

I navigated to DEVICES as mentioned before, selected the USB stick and sure enough it found it, started playing it even, but again it was audio only. I went in and out of sub menus and saw no options to 'play as video' perhaps.

If you could have a nosey when you get chance to see the exact process, that'd be awesome.

Have a nice weekend.

Ian.

Morning Jocky,

Did you have chance to play with any videos in your colleagues car ??

Ian.

Has any managed to get this to work?
Worked perfect on my2016 w212 via sd card but when I place exact same card with same files on it into my new w213 se it will only play the audio with no pictures.

thanks

This is not a function that I have tried but it seems to me like it might be another 'feature' of the dumbed-down Comand NTG5.5.

Hi,
I hope that after you go tu media, you select video subfolder in the command menu. The play will start and if i remember wright you need to select full screen. Please upload some pics of the screen, if still doesn't work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom