W213 wheels on W212?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wavejumper

Car
E220
I have a 2010 E220 and need a new set of wheels. My current ones are 18" 8.5J with ET48 offset running 245 40 18 tyres front and back.
I'm looking at a new set of 19" wheels and tyres off a W213 with:
8J x 19HZ ET43 and 245/40/19 tyres (front) and 9J x 19H2 ET49 with 275/35/19 tyres (Rear).
Will these fit or cause me issues having different width and offsets?
Anybody put wheels from a newer E class on a 212?
Thanks

Welcome, can't see there being a problem with those 19s at all, should look great. :D

ok thanks for the reply. Was worried about clearances on calipers etc and also would it affect handling and braking?

The rears will be 16mm closer to the suspension and stick out 14mm and the fronts will stick out 5mm more. It will also knock your speedo out by a small percentage.

Check to see if the tyres are run flats on the 213 wheels, will be a bit harsh on the 212 suspension maybe.

Remember that offset is not an absolute value. Offset has to be read in conjunction with wheel width. Therefore an et of 49 on an 8.5" wheel is NOT the same as an et of 49 on a 9" wheel.

So one of the answers says "no problem" (which is clearly not correct)...whereas the other advises that the rears will sit in further and out further...this is correct.

So, be careful those rears may foul either the suspension inside, or the bodywork outside.

Do a bit more research and do not rely on answers on a forum (even this one).

Reactions: Abb
Remember that offset is not an absolute value. Offset has to be read in conjunction with wheel width. Therefore an et of 49 on an 8.5" wheel is NOT the same as an et of 49 on a 9" wheel.

So one of the answers says "no problem" (which is clearly not correct)...whereas the other advises that the rears will sit in further and out further...this is correct.

So, be careful those rears may foul either the suspension inside, or the bodywork outside.

Do a bit more research and do not rely on answers on a forum (even this one).
Just had a look at will they fit,
and while I can't be 100% sure
(as opposed to no problem)
going off there calculations
looks like they will fit, go on Will they fit yourself and see what you think.
And while renault12ts says don't rely on answers on a forum, to an extent he's right,
but answers on a forum have helped me a lot and saved me a lot of dosh.:D
But in the end the choice/
decision is yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom