W213 windows are not closing after reset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

velryba

Car
E220d
Hello,

MY2016 W213 220d

Problem: windows do not close using the auto (second click on the button). If holding the button to close it manually, it will drop a bit whet it hits the top.

The car has been to the dealer and they have said that they have seen the error code and that they have updated the window module with the latest software.
It did not fix it.
I'm trying to find out what is causing it, so I can tell the dealer what needs to be fixed or fix it myself (I believe that they have just done the reset and told me about the soft. update... blah blah blah)

Each time this happens, I do the reset of each window that does not work, so that it does close auto and also with the "soft" closing.

Unfortunately after some time, it stops working again.
Not all windows at the same time and not on daily bases. More like every other day.

Any idea why is it recurring?

Reactions: Ed1
Have you reset the range of the window? (holding down the button at the very top and very bottom)

8mins in:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes, every each time I find out that a window stops closing correctly.

So something is making them to go into the "basic" mode and I would like to know what it is.

Hello,

MY2016 W213 220d

Problem: windows do not close using the auto (second click on the button). If holding the button to close it manually, it will drop a bit whet it hits the top.

The car has been to the dealer and they have said that they have seen the error code and that they have updated the window module with the latest software.
It did not fix it.
I'm trying to find out what is causing it, so I can tell the dealer what needs to be fixed or fix it myself (I believe that they have just done the reset and told me about the soft. update... blah blah blah)

Each time this happens, I do the reset of each window that does not work, so that it does close auto and also with the "soft" closing.

Unfortunately after some time, it stops working again.
Not all windows at the same time and not on daily bases. More like every other day.

Any idea why is it recurring?
Hello, I have the same car with same problem. Did you find solution?

Hello, I have the same car with same problem. Did you find solution?

Hi, I had my battery replaced, as it wasn't holding the charge.
Then I had to do the reset of each window.
Now it looks like it is working again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom