W215 (06) CL500 - Passenger side suspension drops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlueCL500

Car
CL500
Hi,

I bought a CL500 about two months ago and then last week i started to notice that the front passenger side suspension was dropping slowly, when parked over a couple of days. When I start the car up and move it an inch forward the suspension jumps back up instantaneously back to normal ride height. I have spoken to a couple of mechanics and they have advised that if I can live with the issue it should not be a problem, as it is jumping back to normal ride height as soon as i move the car forward. They also advised that the only way to fix the problem would be to replace the strut.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced a similar issue to this, as I cant find anything identical to this problem on the forum.

Your advise is greatly appreciated.

It will not need a new strut. May need a valve block rebuilt though.

Mine was a new ABC Valve Block £1,215.00 + VAT

Last edited:
C43AMG - Were you experiencing the same issue?

renault12ts - Can you recommend anyone that can conduct a proper diagnostic/rebuild?

Thanks,

Any good indie should be able to. You have not listed where you live...so hard to recommend.

TM Motors West Molesey 020 8941 4304. Speak to Anton or Olly at PCS Horndean Hants Highly recommended 02392 570123. Depending where you live.

Just a valve block rebuild.

They are easy enough to do at home - a quick google will show you how

Just be careful when re-fitting the hoses as to not cross thread them....

Thanks for the recommendations, but I probably don't have the right set of skills to carry out a rebuild on my own....Can anyone recommend any good indys that could do the job?

I have also read that if the lock solenoid may need cleaning and lapping and that could potentially fix the problem also. Any suggestions of a mechanic that could do that for me in the London area?

When you get the valve block done have the ABC fluid flushed and changed, get a new 3micron filter fitted too. Received wisdom is to change the fluid every couple of years to try to avoid such issues.
Microscopic dirt can damage the seals in valve blocks over time.

And then also have a "Rodeo Test" performed. This test, initiated using Xentry diagnose system will excersize all the struts, the valves, etc.

When I owned a CL, I was surprized to learn that the ABC oil/filter had no service interval (!!) so I had it done myself, also a filter replacement. The old oil was greyish with a bad smell. When I sold the car, it had gone 170,000 km. No issues and all ABC components still original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom