W215 2 little problems (parktronic and error message tone)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dpbayly

Car
2005 E320cdi
Hi all,

I have a W215 2002 CL55

I have 2 little problems I'm trying to get to the bottom of the 1st is the parktronic seems to be dead the button dose nothing (no light) and the system dosen't activate when selecting reverse, I've checked the 10a fuse under the back seats and I've checked the parktronic control box is plugged in under the back seat base.

My next fault seems to be when an error comes up on the dash such as a bulb out the message displays fine but I was expecting a error tone to accompany it, can anyone confirm there should be a tone?

Can anyone shine any light on either of these faults?

Think I might have stumbled across why my warning tone dose not work, the tone is emitted from the speedo cluster, The speedo cluster in my CL was changed (by a previous owner) due to the screen going bad and its been replaced with an I assume secondhand cluster from a CL55 Kompressor and my CL55 is a non Kompressor and Im guessing something is not compatible, everything else seems to work fine is this something that can be coded to work with Star?

Little update,

Ive resolved the errors warning tone/beep, I've just removed the cluster and found the speaker built into the rear cover has a little 2 pin plug that plugs into the circuit board and I noticed the plug was on but it wasn't fully pushed in and thats all it was.

SO..... I now only need to know what could cause the parktronic to not work at all (completely dead no light no nothing).

I would edit the thread title but I cant see how.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom