W215 2002 Comand Navi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alhucoll

Car
CLK 500 Sport AMG Cab and a ML500 as the run around..........
Gents,
I have recently bought a 2002 CL55AMG - loving it :thumb:
All is in order except for the Comand Navigation, it does not appear to be picking up any satellites at all.
I have the latest DX UK map disc loaded with no problems at all - when I set the location manually I seem to drift off into another driving reality, the car is on another astral plane whilst in reality I know where the car and I physically are.
The telephone signal is excellent (whether that has any connection) and all other functions appear to be fine with no issues.

I seem to think that the GPS receiver is either not there or not functioning. Is there an easy way to check?
Is there a way to reset the unit and begin from scratch, just in case it is a glitch?
Can anyone recommend a place in or near Lincoln to have competent work carried out at a sensible price?

Thanks in advance,

Al

If it shows no sats then pretty much points to a faulty gps antenna. You can fit a new one and locate it somewhere under the dash like on top of the instrument cluster, it can 'see' through it. GPS antenna plugs into the rear of the unit. Make sure it is connected okay.

2002 W215 will have a Comand 2.0 unit. Is there wood in between the screen and controls on the right? No removal guide on mercupgrades.com for the W215 but someone on here should be able to advise you on how to remove the unit.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply npuk.
Off to price up having the remedials done just as a guide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom