W215 ABC pump refurbishment or replace?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

The ABC pump on my CL55 has gone west so I was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that refurbishes them or should I just bite the bullet and buy a new one from Mercedes?

Early indications seem to suggest a refurb will be circa £250-300 and a new unit from the dealer will be about £750ish.

It's been a whole four minutes and I've not had an answer yet, thanks for the help. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I've always wanted to do that! :devil:

Sorry! I usually fit new. I do,however, believe power steering services in Greenwich sarf London repair them!
There must be reman ones about

As above only ever fit new

I have only ever fitted a recon one from euros once as customer insisted i did and it failed within a month

Thanks for the advice, I'll get to work on the parts department and see how much discount I can get...

I think the company from germany that advertises on ebay offers a year warranty with all units.... and its around £250 also

Personally I'd go for a new one. At least that way the parts and labour are warranted for 24 months. I've seen very few successful pump rebuilds over the years. It's not a massive job doing the pump replacement but it can turn into a right headache if it goes wrong.

Got it down to £660 including VAT from the dealer, that'll do for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom