W215 Audio Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DennisW

Car
CL 55 AMG Kompressor/Porsche Panamera Turbo S
Hi ,has any one recently updated/upgraded their sat nav and audio system with an aftermarket system?
Just looking at options and what it might cost and if it is worth it.
Thanks

Contact the guys at Comand.co.uk in Lightwater. They have a lot of experience in aftermarket upgrades for MBs
How to find Us

Contact the guys at Comand.co.uk in Lightwater. They have a lot of experience in aftermarket upgrades for MBs
How to find Us
Yep, but their stuff would cost more than the W215 is worth.

I installed an Android looky likey unit and power amplifier...still doing the job three years in.

I installed an Android looky likey unit and power amplifier...still doing the job three years in.

Really? Have you had a quote from us then?

I guess if you like like the Early Learning centre look of primary colours then an Android unit is fine. Do post some pictures of your unit. I'd be interested to see it installed.

Not sure if it would cost more than the car is worth but will be interested as to what they have available.
What Android system did you install?

Not in your model but I have put a 10.25" Android head unit in my A207. Still has the crappy "Early Learning Centre" OEM interface usable through it. With the right custom launcher Android can be made to look far better than the OEM systems. But you have to get the right software on it, some of the early Android units did look toy town but things have moved on.

@DennisW if you have a pre facelift 215 with the ‘small screen’ you can swap the centre console for the post facelift wide screen type and fit the android unit like Renault12M has installed.

His avatar states a Kompressor, so it'll be a facelift version with the larger screen, I think.

KR Matt :thumb:

Hi yes it is the wide screen version it's a late Kompressor 2002 model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom