W215 Blower installation nightmare

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gordywalker

Car
2005 CL500
Hi all,

my blower wasn’t working so removed it to check it, turned out to be the fuse and is spining again.

problem is I cant get it to fit back in to the hole.

tried all the angles and it just doesn’t line up to screw it down.

is there a trick to putting these back in?

was going to head to a garage tomorrow, but thought I’d ask here first.

I thought you took it off your car?

Indeed I did take it off which is what boggled my mind.

i took my blower to a breakers yard for a replacement one, the chap took my blower away to search for the same part.

unbeknown to him he placed my original blower amongst a sea of other blowers and mistakenly picked up a RHD blower thinking it was my original one.

having located a new blower and compring them like for like I now had 2 WRONG blowers!

I had been trying to fit this for about a couple of hrs had a break and kept going back for another attempt, it a horrible angle to try and fit for a big chap like me.

eventually gave up and sent it to a garage, whom also gave up, right at the last moment the garage suggested it may be for a RHD.

i had taken a photo of my original blower the day i went to the scrap yard and compared it to the blowers I had and thats when the case was solved.

all sorted now.

This photo shows the difference between a LHD & RHD blower the moulds on the back are different and the fan blades are also different
B98534A4-1131-44F1-9049-1EB67C487456.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom