(w215) CL 500 is confusing me like crazy...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigBodyBenzAMG

Car
Mercedes CL 500
Hello everyone,

I recently had a failure on the right front wheel bearing, luckily the wheel didn't come off while I was on the highway, anyways now I fixed it and fitted new bearings on both sides.

I did disconnected the battery alot of times it's never been any issue when I have done it before, I don't think it has anything to do with that.
I had to lift the front of the car up to repair it so I also at the same time pushed the ride height button (3 steps) to the highest so it would be easier to lift the cars front up, I got no clue if this has anything to do with my issue happening I'm just letting you know incase this has any effect on what happend.

Anyways getting to the point, I fitted the new wheel bearings on the front and I went out to test to car and is says I have 2 malfunctions as it usually does after I had to repair it before but it usually goes away after driving the car for a few miles, I notice right away that the Speedometer is working but it kept jumping down 5-10 km/h and then back while I was driving it back home from the shop. And the power steering got slower and slower the longer I travelled, after about 10mins it felt like I didn't even have any power steering anymore (notice after that I stop and restart the car it works fine again like before but the longer I drive it starts to get slower).

It also has the yellow triangle sign showing saying no ABS is working.
Then I stopped to refuel the car and as I started the car again, all the malfunctions was gone on the dash and the yellow triangle, but the car could not go faster than about 10 km/h even if I pressed full throttle, it was like it accidently got into some kinda "safe mode" telling me not to drive any faster because it kept braking (rear brakes) as soon as I tried to apply throttle above 10km/h (I could however roll downhill for as fast as I wanted if I did not apply any throttle). But I had to drive home so I was limping the car home in 10km/h and then it just started to work again like normal after driving for about 10min in the "safe mode" and at the same time the malfunctions on the dash came back and the yellow triangle.

The day after I just thought the car needed to get resetted so I took it to a independent Benz shop but the resetting of the electronics did not change any of my issues, now my questions is to you guys, anyone got a clue what is going on here? I'm absolutely clueless...

I would really really appricieate some feedback and help if you know anything about what's going on here.

It's a CL 500 - 2000 - (w215).

Thanks
BigBodyBenzAMG

W215.375 have speed sensors mounted to each steering knuckle, Have you disturbed one of these or its harness. Your symptoms may well be those of a loss of speed sensing at one or more wheels

Would think a Star session would reveal any issue here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom