W215 CL Auto boot lid fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ed21

Car
CL600 Bi Turbo
Hi All, long time lurker first time poster here... I've always found the forum very helpful and up until now have largely found most info I need without having to ask but.....

I have typical power boot problems with my 2004 cl600, the issue has been present since purchase and never really bothered me but now I'm planning to sell I want to sort it.
Upon pressing the boot release it trys to lift starting with the rear right corner but can't do it under it's own steam but does manage with a bit of assistance, closing and holding open isn't a issue. Having read up on the problem I thought it sounded like the normal problem of being low on pump fluid but having inspected it yesterday it looks to be perfectly on the level and if anything looks like it could of been replaced possibly at some point due to the inspection panel being clearly removed before and some of the wiring cable tied up. I've removed the boot panel and inspected the hydraulic lines and ram but not found evidence of leaking,
I've tried re-initializing it via my launch diagnostics but not entirely sure it did it correctly as the definition on screen wasn't exactly clear, anyway it made no difference. I'm wondering if there are any other obvious things I'm missing? The pump does sound quite loud in operation so I'm hoping that doesn't mean it's on its way out and just getting weak?? Also wondered if a fluid change might help? The stuff in there doesn't look too viscous, thought it could be the wrong fluid.... lastly wondered if new struts could help? They seem to be perfectly healthy but thought fresh ones could add a little help?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as it seems I've checked the normal probs out.. sorry for the essay.

Does boot lid sit exactly flush with all adjacent panels? They can suffer hinge issues. Maybe they are ‘binding’ stopping lid popping up?

Does boot lid sit exactly flush with all adjacent panels? They can suffer hinge issues. Maybe they are ‘binding’ stopping lid popping up?

Thanks for the response, the shut lines do all seem to in line, if it's out at all it would be very minimally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom