W215 CL500 Buy It Now £20,995

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am a nosey sort of chap and put the registration number onto the RAC site. It came back as no trace. This is nothing unusual, so I tried the AA site. Again it came back as no trace.

I accept the plate might only recently have been put onto this car, but I was hoping it might have came up on at least a previously registered vehicle??

The RAC site is notorious for being inaccurate, the AA one is better but does not give as much detail. I am pointing this out just as an observation and nothing more. I am old fashioned and always very wary about parting with my money.

Regards,
John

No trace on the dvla site. More than likely up on retention. As in the add it states now to be on a X plate.

http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/

Select Vehicle Enquiry. Brings back Results where the RAC often dont have any.

Thmsshaun said:
No trace on the dvla site. More than likely up on retention. As in the add it states now to be on a X plate.

Apologies for going off topic.

The DVLA site is one I have never used before and it certainly offers different information. A negative for the DVLA site is the fact it needs a make of vehicle and does not come back with make\model etc, but it is another excellent source for information.

Date of Liability 01 07 2006
Date of First Registration 11 07 2002
Date of Last V5 Issue 26 06 2004
Year of Manufacture 2002
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2151CC
CO2 Emissions 0g/Km
Fuel Type Heavy Oil
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour RED

Regards,
John

Blimey that's a pretty cool website! I've just spent 10 minutes searching to see if my old cars are still alive (which I'm sure is what everyone else does too).

I felt a real pang of nostalgia whilst checking the details of my first car, apparently it died in 1996. RIP you little Gold 1 litre scallywag.

Rose Chap said:
Blimey that's a pretty cool website! I've just spent 10 minutes searching to see if my old cars are still alive (which I'm sure is what everyone else does too).

I felt a real pang of nostalgia whilst checking the details of my first car, apparently it died in 1996. RIP you little Gold 1 litre scallywag.

yes sad to see my 1st car (mini) met its maker in 2002. lasted a good few years after i got rid of it surprisingly, although i modded it to the max with chrome and walnut so i expect they kept it on the road for as long as they could! i hope they took off all the expensive mod stuff b4 it was crushed!! :rolleyes:

Straying OT pleased to see that my first car (an '82 Mini) is still on the road, although it's now Purple instead of Yellow!

I only have fond memories of my little gold Diahatsu Charade XTE. Unlike my friend's Minis and Fiestas at the time it had 5 gears AND a rev counter. I spent ages drilling holes in the front bumper to fit it with spot lights, then realised the spot lights (which I found in a shed) were old and knackered and were never going to work, consequently, it they ended up as a pure cosmetic adornment.

Sorry for dragging this thread off topic!

Anyway, that CL500 looks good, and the seller looks reasonable. The fact that the private plate is easily worth £15K + means that the original owner was clearly not short of a bob or two so it should have been well cared for in as much as he or she could easily afford proper and timely servicing. My personal opinion is that I'd prefer contrasting colours between the interior and exterior, this one is a bit 'light', what with the silver paint and light grey leather. Black with grey leather would look really nice I think.

Thmsshaun said:

Good site Shaun.

I ran a number of my former cars through and all bar a 1994 Citroen have gone awol. Thats six gone. Cars range over Mazda626 , Vauxhall C(h)avalier, Ford Sierra, Honda Accord, Volvo 440, Citroen Xm (X2).
All these cars were mine from new between 1985 and 1994, and only one "death" in my tenure.

My wifes old Fiat has recently been sold on again and still lives on.. :bannana:

The fact the number plate isnt coming up is no suprise, more often than not anything other than the standard format plates dont come up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom