W215 Cl500 Cd changer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ingham billy

Car
2002 cl 500
Hi Everyone Just treated myself to a 2002 CL500 in excellent condition with 80000 on the clock everything works as it should apart from the cd player says no magazine when a full magazine is in the changer any ideas please ? Thankyou

Does the cartridge eject? When inserted, the player runs through and "previews" all discs in turn, prior to playing disc one. This can just about be observed with the player door open. You might remove all but one disc tray from the cartridge and use this with one good known disc to see if that works.

The playing mechanism is fiddly and somewhat fragile.

Players or repair service are available on Ebay for around £70.

On my previously owned CL the CD changer was located behind the rear left wheel, down in a not-very-well-suited place. The changer does not cope with copied disks (There is a Star bulletin on that) and the place where the changer is placed can and will shorten its life. You may want to take it out, check for any water down at the bottom (if the drainage is blocked) and then clean and lubricate the mechanism as well as clean the laser diode (be careful!) If this does not help, consider opting for an after market USB-gateway. A box that will act as a CD-exchanger but will take a USB-stick with your favourite music instead.

hi yes the cartridge ejects fine and you can hear the discs being checked,will try the single disc later today thankyou

I had a similar issue where when magazine was full of discs but it said no disc loaded, I bought another magazine off eBay for £10 and it now works perfectly. Same CD player was used on w220 S class, it's an optical connection to command. (Some CLK of similar year too)
It could be a fault on the CD player itself if it is not registering the magazine, but it could be a worn/broken magazine, check for damage and maybe try a magazine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom