W215 CL500 Keyless go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmymidnight

Car
W221 S350L
Hello,

I picked up my CL500 yesterday and everything on it works fine apart from the keyless go - at first i thought it was naffed as we've had a few problems with it on SL's before but this one doesn't seem to even bring up a warning on the dash when I try it and when i press the button on the card nothing happens - could I be lucky and and could it just need 2 new button cell batteries? will it need re-coding or anything when new batteries are in?

Thanks

When i got my CL the batteries were flat in the fob, changed them and all worked fine so fingers crossed you will be fine. does it do anything if you press the start button on the gearstick?

No, nothing happens at all when i press the gear stick button - on our old SL "Card not recognised" (or similar) came up when the system broke, so im hoping it is just the batteries!

It really needs to go on a Star so all the system can be checked.

Yeah I bought new batteries and now the key card lights up red when I press it but still nothing happens!

Anyone know of these problems coming from the replacing the car battery, or is it not related at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom