W215 CL500 Rear brake calipers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jinbal

Car
W215 CL500, R129 SL500
Hi All

During a recent pad and disc change on my 2005 CL500 we found that both rear calipers had seized pistons.

I've sourced and replaced the O/S caliper but the N/S is proving almost impossible to source.

I've had an order in with MB Oxford for nearly 2 months now and they say that the part is out of stock in UK and Germany, when they chased the order they were told that they might have some more info in early Nov!

I've enquired about refurbs but I cant find garage thats willing to remove, send for rebuild and refit the caliper as it ties up a bay in the garage.

I reckon my best option is to source a used caliper that I can send for refurb then have a garage swap over - but I'm struggling to find one.

Does anyone have/know of any used rear calipers for a 2005 (2004 build) CL500 the part number is
A0024206783

Thanks

This company are well respected for calliper refurbs.

Would you think of popping the car on stands, removing the calipers yourself and sending them?

It's quite easy. Endless videos to learn on you tube.

Bigg Red

If you do decide to buy a set to refurb, you need to ensure they are the same as yours before you send them off!

If they are incorrect when you go to refit, the supplier will not pay for the refurb :0

If you do decide to buy a set to refurb, you need to ensure they are the same as yours before you send them off!

If they are incorrect when you go to refit, the supplier will not pay for the refurb :0

Indeed

The ones I've seen on eBay all look different to mine, the only one thats the same looking is in Denmark.

I've thought about removing the caliper myself. But what I always find is that something that looks really simple ends up morphing into a saga because of something simple, like a bolt that wont budge, or not having the correct tool to hand. I'm also put off by having to bleed the brakes afterwards.

If I cant find one then I may have to bite the bullet and take it of myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom