W215 CL55 AMG boot issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazza75

Car
CL55 AMG
Hi everyone,

firstly I hope that everyone is staying safe from the dreaded beer flu !

the problem I have is that my boot won’t open & shut when I press the buttons on the key fob, drivers door or boot lid itself. If I press the button I can here it whirring & if I close it gently you can see that the soft close works, apart from the front right corner where the hydraulic ram connects, that stays up & I have to push it down flush every time.

can’t be much, can it ????

cheers for any help

Baz92E10B52-5BEE-4960-AB67-EEC153177748.jpeg92E10B52-5BEE-4960-AB67-EEC153177748.jpeg 1E73EE98-1594-477A-9CC4-8A143F826BBA.jpeg

It's not an AMG boot, it's a regular boot. My CL65 just started doing this too so I'm interested in the feedback. It's not like I drive the frigging thing, I just needed to unplug the trickle charger.

It is the pump. Very common problem.

Check for water ingress in the boot first. Remove the carpets and take a look. It will probably be a faulty pump and hinge mechanism. Its mega ££ to replace too.

Thanks for the reply’s, does the pump just operate the boot, as everything else works fine ?

Yes

Whilst it’s open, ensure the key works on the bootlid, give the barrel a good soak of penetrating oil, and exercise it.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom