W215 Engine temperature gauge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greekCL

Car
Mercedes E55 W211 (2004), BMW 640d GC (2016), BMW 645Ci (2004), Mini Cooper D (2008))
Hello all,

I have the impression that my rattling catalytic converter cause my engine to overheat...
(I had a problem with my old Ford Probe, where the catalytic converter managed to somehow break and melt ... blocking the exaust and cause the car to overheat, not to red levels, but enough to go up like 20-30C)
I was wondering if I have the same scenario here.

By the way did anyone used these guys? http://www.cats2go.co.uk
they seem to have the cats for a bit less than £130 each.

I attach a pic of my instrument cluster with the reaing, it was while I was driving in town, (not motorway)

25072008333.jpg

By the way ... because I will go mad here ... a plain CL500 non AMG model (2000) how many catalytic converters has? Mercedes says 2, but when I raise the car it looks more like 4 ... 2 in the front where the engine is, and 2 in the middle of the car (where all the rattle is coming from)

OK mission accomplised today ... removed middle cats, front engine located cats remained, lets hope they'll be enough to pass my MOT. Temperature made no difference at all .... althought the car seems to brieth more freely.

The sound is waaaayyyyy better than the rattling noise it had before :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom