W215 Lowering Links

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martyp87

Car
W166 GLE350d
Hello guys,

I found a video on youtube where a guy swapped out the existing links on his CL55 for a new type and lowered the car to a nice level.

I'm considering doing the same, I know the same result can be achieved via STAR though.

Question is, if I was to lower the car which is the better solution - links or STAR.

I found a set of links on eBay UK (linky) and know the installation is stupidly easy.

However, I wonder if lowering the car may put more load on the suspension/ABC system. Am I correct in thinking this, if so what would put less stress on the system - or should I just leave the suspension stock?

Thanks in advance. :)

I've got lowering links on mine...

In 4 years I've been through:
Rear driver and passenger struts
Abc pump
Rebuilt valve block
Replaced rear abc line (my own fault for snapping the bleed bolt)

I did have some random problems with electronics and the struts going at all sorts of random heights but it randomly went away!

Thanks for the quick reply, I know CL owners are few and far between here!

Would you say the ones on the attached link look good or would you recommend somewhere else?

What you've done over four years actually seems common, sadly. :crazy:

The ones in the link are the exact ones I have!! Yea it's pretty average tbh and it can all be done on your drive if you want to DIY it!

Talk to Olly at PCS. He is not keen on using links as opposed to a lowering module. I am not sure what his reasons are, but given his reputation on here I am sure they will be sound. Just worth having a chat with him before you do it.

Not all ABC cars can be lowered on STAR by the way. Seems early models (2003 and before) don't always have the option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom